I haven't brewed recently because...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a companion pice to the HBT Self Confessional, I give you the Brewers Excuse page.

MY FIL insisted over the course of not one, or two, but three days...
Your garbage disposer should be able to handle {insert large or fiberous food item here}

On the fourth day, one day after his departure, I am installing a new disposer.

It's a top of the line Insinkerator Excel... bill to FIL forthcoming.

I've had to play catch up because I was so confident that I'd have my AG setup all together that I stopped brewing extract and bought grains. One snag after another and I ran out of nice things to drink. I had to brew two five gallon batches last weekend and I'll brew another this coming weekend.

In my own defense, I have two batches that taste bitter and green when they should have been ready to drink so that set me behind too. One is at nine weeks and the other is at about seven or so.

Moving has placed a hold on operations for a while. Now that I'm resettled, I've just recently brewed again. In order to catch up, I've skipped the secondary on the first batch, and will brew the second batch this weekend.

Excuses
Moving: Packing, hauling, unpacking
Working full time
Spun bearing? = Broke vehicle
New playmate
Kids graduating
Family reunion
Oh, and I was robbed!

I'm jonesin' for a brew session

Wild

My dog ate my brewery... And I don't even own a dog.

Was going to brew on the weekend but got shanghied into laying a patio for my parents.

Then it went from 36c and sunny to 9c and rainy and I felt lazy.

Will brew tomorrow I think.

need another fermentation chiller :( trying to really control temperature of brews and don't want to free the other one up just yet. should build one by next weekend :)

I move in August, overseas, I have a stockpile of beer and another 5 gals still needing to be bottles (maybe this weekend?).

I have a 55lb of pils malt, 55lb of wheat malt and a ton of random 4 or 5lb bags of grain. Once I get to the states I'm gonna buy some kegs and its on... nonstop brewing for as long as I can foresee.

I've already made 55 gals this year (by the beginning of May)... so a break isn't a bad thing. I guess.

Yard work (3 acres of steep slope, bunch grass & gopher holes)
Building sunroom

Because I brewed Nine batches in one day a week and a half ago, and i am still tired!

Ripped out all of our carpet and installing laminate floors....pretty easy project but the prep work takes time.

I haven't brewed in 2 weeks and no brew in the near future.

I still have to finish getting the garden in and other various projects as well. I am really enjoying it though.

Still working on my kitchen cabinets

Misc yardwork

Working O.T.

Been sick with a head cold

Too damn tired! :(

The bright side: Feeling better!, Getting all of my AG equipment together, cabinets almost finished, and yardwork is caught up. :)

Only reason for not brewing is ice chest fermenter has two in there currently so it's full :mug:. (cuz you and those other guys drank all my beer ;))

Could use my ferm chiller but:

Too busy at work
Lazy
Family coming into town.

I do need to brew 2-3 more batches before July monsoons arrive (humidity).

............because I've been too busy with lots of other things.....Yard work, camping, weddings, house work....

I lose motivation to brew in the summer. I have lots of brew im aging right now so Im not too worried. Once I get caught up on some things I'll have to brew another batch.

Plus I want to get kegging equipment so I can quit bottling.

SWMBO
Jessica (3years, 3 month)
Melanie (3 months)
Border Collie (4 years, 7months)
Me (112 years, at least that what it feels like)

..I did managed to whip a batch together just over a week ago. Need to get that in bottles ASA fn P.

Back