Will Farrell = Neil Diamond

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. I don't get any of the "new" SNL skits.

I'm more old school in my tastes.... I enjoyed it more when the comedy seemed to come from thin air, rather than by taking pot shots at people or mimicking caricatures of people.

Bass-O-Matic, anyone? Killer Bees? Landshark?

seefresh said:
How can you not be a big fan of his? He is the funniest man alive.

Hold onto your hat. The worst actor I've ever seen in my life is Chris Farley. The guy had no range, no depth, he was the same fat stupid slob in every role he played and I couldn't stand that. And his jokes were all the same, they went like this: "I'm a fat slob. I beat up on myself and make fun of myself. Ha ha. I'm a fat stupid slob". That was, literally, all the guy ever did. And people thought it was funny. Sadly though, he wasn't acting... his real life was like that too. Poor guy.

David Spade is only a little better. He's a ****ty actor, but at least he can deliver a punch line and I do think he is funny. Maybe he would be a good writer. But he's a ****ty actor. Dry, monotone delivery. That's fine. But if it's all you can do, you aren't really much of an actor.

Will Farrell strikes me as a mix between the two. He's just a big goofball. Now, there's nothing wrong with being a big goofball, but if you are a big goofball, and you constantly play one on TV, even if you are good at playing a big goofball, the fact that it comes naturally to you doesn't make you a good actor, it just makes you good at being yourself. But this isn't just about acting, it's about being funny, right? As for being funny, I suppose he's almost as funny as david spade... but that's not saying much.

Toot --- I imagine you never cared for Steven Wright's humor, either...
Was Andrew Dice Clay funny to you? I think I used to crack up pretty hard at Louie Anderson. Lately I like Lewis Black, but a lot of folks hate his "constantly pissed off" humor. A great stand up comic, if you get a chance to see him, is Bill Burr -- check his website out, there are some videos and you'll see what I mean.

Sorry, maybe all of the above was OT, I guess this is more about acting/skits/SNL than it is about stand-up comedy.

I agree that Will Ferrell is goofy, but he can be pretty funny just being goofy. This is one of my favorite SNL skits ever, even though it didn't make it onto the air.

Gus Chiggins

It's so stupid, but I can't stop laughing at it.

Back