Wild hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zackmon21

Reaction score
I just moved to Washington st I got 4 1st yr cascades going. I heard I am in the center for hop growing and would love for someone to point me in the right direction to hike to find wild hops. I wouldn't mind getting some from someone either send a message.

The hops region, Yakima county, is inland. But, hops do get around and there might be some nearby. I don't remember seeing any when I lived in Bremerton, but then I didn't see much while I was there except the shipyard.

if you aren't a real plant person, late august - early september is the best time to locate them as the cones that have formed really stick out from the native vegetation making them easier to spot.

I've considered environmental sabatoge, planting hops off property with the intent of haveresting them later. I've considered it, doesn't mean I'll do it. Just one of the many evil thoughts that goes through my mind.

Latest posts

Back