Cheap milling station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samc

Reaction score
I needed a simple & cheap stand for my Barley Crusher after a near miss on dumping 10lbs of crushed grain. Nothing is bolted down, the BC mounting board feet fit snug into the shelf top. The drill fits perfectly in that spot as well.

Mill_Stand.jpg

bought the stand from Amazon for $26

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000063SI0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting idea, but why not just place the barley crusher base directly on the bucket?

I hold the base of my crusher on the bucket with one hand and operate the drill with the other. Haven't had any stability issues yet, especially once i get a few pounds of grain into the bucket.

Edit: I assume you're milling with the bucket/barley crusher in the same position as the picture above.. if you're not, then disregard my post :)

Nice idea! Those wire racks are a dime a dozen, and it's kind of nice to not have to build or hack anything - it can go back to being a regular wire shelving rack between brews, or if you decide you don't need it.

Interesting idea, but why not just place the barley crusher base directly on the bucket?

I hold the base of my crusher on the bucket with one hand and operate the drill with the other. Haven't had any stability issues yet, especially once i get a few pounds of grain into the bucket.
I use a relatively heavy corded drill for my BC and I have stability issues before I get several pounds of grain milled - and even then the whole mill can topple off the bucket when the hopper isn't full and my back is turned. No, it's not tough to hold onto it, and if you measure out all your grain before milling (or have an assistant) then it's no big deal, but I can see some appeal to having it be more idiot-proof.

Edit: I assume you're milling with the bucket/barley crusher in the same position as the picture above.. if you're not, then disregard my post :)

becuase why do something when you can overkill it:rockin:

Back