Bsc 460

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docbalcells

Reaction score
I recently purchased an all electric 2 kettle, 2 pump Homebrew setup which utilizes the BSC460 ECC.
I had previously used the set up without any issues. After a year sabbatical from brewing and a 1000 mile relocation
I am now ready to fire this thing up only to find that I can not connect to he BSC 460. I have tried both direct nod router connections
In addition to a reset. I am about to give up.... Does anyone have experience with this setup? I am at point where I am ready to hire anyone that can help?

I assume you are using the correct URL (http://192.168.0.1/)? Are the power and ethernet adapter lights blinking?

Tough to diagnose without seeing the unit, but assuming you have the correct wall-wort (Volts/milliamps), lights are blinking, your hard-lined with an ethernet cable that works, and your using the correct URL, it should work.

Sorry can't be more help. My understanding is that the fellow that built the original BCS (now sold through Brewer's Hardware) stands by his product. Worst case, you could contact them and see if they'd be willing to have a look.

Good luck!

You might want to post on the ECC forum too, did you have it set up with a static IP? you might need to do a hard reset to get it back to the original configuration and IP.

There is a small utility program, BCSFinder.exe, that is available to help locate the BCS on your network. Once you make certain that the BCS has power and is connected to the network this program will tell you the IP address.

Have you tried giving it 10 seconds or so after turning it on to try to access it? I have an older unit as well and it takes a few seconds to get going.

Back