What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a lagunitas sucks after losing two peewee football games : (

image-1582937553.jpg

I fvcking love the smell and taste of Simcoe. Not my favorite, but one of them for sure. Heating up my strike water for a DIPA so it seemed appropriate.

How's the weather up there? Brewed in light snow here today. Waiting to rack to carboys. Glad to be done before dark. I'm not a pro like you Nuke and always seem to get a little sloppy when it gets dark before I start the boil. :drunk:

How's the weather up there? Brewed in light snow here today. Waiting to rack to carboys. Glad to be done before dark. I'm not a pro like you Nuke and always seem to get a little sloppy when it gets dark before I start the boil. :drunk:

It's near freezing, but not quite. I really hope I get to the chilling part before it hits freezing. Last brew day was not fun with no chiller. $hit, I get sloppy even when I start brewing at 5 am. I was already sloppy when I started brewing at 5 am last week.

HB winter warmer whilst watching Amish mafia marathon. Fun show. Beer needs more time to condition tastes a little soapy still

It's near freezing, but not quite. I really hope I get to the chilling part before it hits freezing. Last brew day was not fun with no chiller. $hit, I get sloppy even when I start brewing at 5 am. I was already sloppy when I started brewing at 5 am last week.

Other than sometimes dressing like you're in the village people, you sound like an alright guy to me Nuke. :mug:

russrob81 said:
HB winter warmer whilst watching Amish mafia marathon. Fun show. Beer needs more time to condition tastes a little soapy still

So you're the 1 viewer that show has. Mystery solved. :p

Got the last 4 pack on the shelf. It's rich, complex and overall satisfying, but honestly it's not as awesome as I thought it was going to be. It's a great beer, don't get me wrong, I just had envisioned something quite different upon hearing about it.

20130202_180700.jpg

My first brew in 3 years my Pineapple Ale. Been in bottle for two weeks still needs 1 more week but it turned out great.

image-1139967243.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Got the last 4 pack on the shelf. It's rich, complex and overall satisfying, but honestly it's not as awesome as I thought it was going to be. It's a great beer, don't get me wrong, I just had envisioned something quite different upon hearing about it.

I saw that and passed it up. Mainly because it was 13.00 for a four pack and there were other things I wanted to try instead. Ad I've been on an IPA kick lately so I haven't been buying much of anything else. So instead I bought a Sculpin and a Nelson Imperial IPA for the same price.

Number 3 in the HB French inspired farmhouse ales - BdG. Working on the recipe for tomorrow's brew.

image-802987308.jpg

russrob81 said:

Lebanon Levi will break your legs.

bottlebomber said:
I'm having a Sucks. You know what it looks like. Then I'm going out to the garage for one of them Abrasives.

I'm on my 3rd. Wasn't crazy about it at first but now getting past the pine into caramel and digging it

glad I picked this up! along with some Velvet Rooster & Surly Furious.

I am really regretting not picking up the Ruthless Rye now. I have never had a rye beer before and wasn't feeling adventurous.

Having a homebrewed Irish Stout.

Back