DIY tap towers? (not PVC)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russekc

Reaction score
I have seen several DIY towers made of PVC, but has anyone seen a tower DIY'd out of square metal tubing? Or anything else for that matter. I am looking for something a little more unique.

I am considering making one out of 4" square tubing. I would basically weld a T together, and have two faucets on my horizontal piece. For insulation, I would run the lines, and then fill the void with spray foam insulation. I am just kicking some ideas around and wondered whether anyone has seen anything similar.

Your thoughts, HBT?

If you aren't looking for that chrome or stainless look, I would think wood would be the easiest to work with if you are going for a squared off look.

My last keezer had a lot of woodwork. For this one I am looking for a more industrial look. Wood is still an option though.

I just recently made a two tap tower out of a ceramic beer stein. Check my profile for a thread called "DIY Kegerator: beer fridge furniture". Let me know if you're interested and i'll provide details.

Edit:
Now I'm in front of a decent computer and can do more than direct to my recent thread

tower_whole-57060.jpg

thumb2_tower_internal-57059.jpg

Used ceramic drill bits to cut holes for the shanks and beer lines (in the bottom). Spray foam insulation. DIY brass flange. There are a few other pro-tips I can outline later.

I just recently made a two tap tower out of a ceramic beer stein. Check my profile for a thread called "DIY Kegerator: beer fridge furniture". Let me know if you're interested and i'll provide details.
That is amazing. I really like the look of that. I may hit you up if I decide to do something like that.

russekc said:
I thought of this too, but I figured spraying foam inside the tubing might be easier and insulate better.

It would insulate better but when you need to change a line it would be a major pain.

Edit: unless you run stainless lines down the tower and connect your beer line below the tower.

Back