GE- SMR04DAMWW Dual Tap Kegerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedbutter

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As I'm waiting for my second brew to finish up, I figured I would start the thread of my kegerator build. I will be using the GE- SMR04DAMWW, a 4.3 cuf minifridge that cooled my beer in college, so its only natural that it now gets turned into a kegerator for my homebrews.

On the Refridgerator:
  • Door Shelf is held on by screws
  • Can fit 2 cornies and a 5lb CO2
  • Cooling lines are on sides, with 1 on top
  • Freezer shelf is easily bent into place

Progress:
So far, i have completed bending down the freezer shelf, which I plan on attaching a small fan to, to help with tower cooling. So far, i have all needed parts but not all of the needed tools (i will be picking them up today after I finish my holliday brew).

More Pictures and steps to follow tonight/tomorrow!

Sorry for such a delay, but the kegerator is finished!

First- Remove inner door shelving and attach replacement plastic. (no Pic)

Next- Bend down the freezer shelf after letting it sit turned off for awhile (also remove thermostat from shelf):
2012-10-22_09-40-40_592.jpg

Once the shelf is bent down, take your measurements and double check where you want to add the tower (make sure you account for the base of the tower). Once its measured, drill a pilot hole and then use your whole saw.
Top:
2012-10-22_09-40-28_872.jpg

Inside:
2012-10-22_09-40-53_798.jpg

Always measure twice and double check your calculations! As you can see, I messed up math the first time and was off by a substantial amount.
2012-10-22_09-44-56_972.jpg

The Core:
2012-10-22_09-41-07_515.jpg

Next, line up your draft tower, mark the mounting holes, drill them out and attach your tower.
2012-10-22_09-44-02_484.jpg

Finally, remove the top piece of plastic, add draft parts and drip tray(i have purchased a larger one, not picture)
2012-10-22_10-56-48_141.jpg

I'm working on this exact same model. How did you end up handling the thermostat? I'm still bending the freezer down and remain absolutely terrified.

I'm working on this exact same model. How did you end up handling the thermostat? I'm still bending the freezer down and remain absolutely terrified.

Current, the thermostat is just hanging off of its mounting screw by the wire, towards the back of the fridge. This lets the two cornies fit (although extremely tight) but it is hard to adjust the temp. i'm going to look into a different mounting place, but for not, it works fine. If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM and i'll give you any helpful information/pictures i can:mug:

Back