March pump comparable to Chugger SS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduane

Reaction score
Is there a March pump that is comparable (feature-wise) to the Chugger SS pumps? I'd like the reliability/quality of a March pump, I don't like the idea of having plastic inlets/outlets, but the only March pumps with Stainless Steel inlets/outlets I've seen are $300+, is that right or am I missing something?

Just get the Chugger. I will say that my experience with it hasnt been that long, but they are stand up guys... Not sure if you saw my thread, but after receiving our FIRST pump... It worked great and I emailed him and thanked him... had some questions... after the responses, I told him I wish all companies were like that and he sent me a FREE pump... Not a replacement... ANOTHER pump... yeah... for FREE... I guarantee, no one on this forum has had a bad experience with them and Chugger NOT REPLACED or FIXED the problem. $139.00, you cant beat it with a stick... we tried... it still worked...

I ordered it, it shipped next day, was delivered in 2 days. I was bummed to find out the rear housing leaked. I emailed Chugger pumps in the evening and they responded almost instantly and sent out a replacement the next day, it's on it's way now. That's about as good as customer service can get I think!

I ordered a couple chuggers when they were still in their prototype phase for $99 each - they have about 45-50 gallons of beer through them, and you could probably triple that when you take into account fly sparging and recirculation of hot PBW and starsan after each brewday. I have had ZERO problems with them.

Also, when I wired them wrong like a dumb@#$, mike was willing to ship out a new one before i figured out that I had made the mistake.

Back