anyone else as not excited for tonight's game as i?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, i'll probably get a lot of $h!t for this, but i'm wondering: are there others out there who're less than excited for tonight's Super Bowl? anyone who would've liked to see a game with a good story line? like Harbaugh Bowl II? or the upstart Niners taking on the tired ol' Pats? or anything other than New Jersey (sorry NY, but Jersey's Jersey) vs. Boston?
i'm not knocking either team, they're obviously both great. but i really can't find the excitement in this game. i'm not crying cuz my team didn't make it, their season was put to rest mid season when most of the gears that made the offense tick went down with season ending injuries in a matter of a few weeks. i'm actually happy that the Packer's were exposed and eliminated from the playoffs. i'm thrilled that the Ain'ts ain't there this year. that said, i could go the rest of my life w/o seeing the Brady bunch in February again, and probably be better for it.
i guess what many folks see as a 'rematch', i'm seeing as a 'rerun'. even the ESPN coverage i have on the TV seems pedantic. Ditka looks like he'd rather be having another bypass surgery than spending this Sunday morning talking to Key, Cris and JR about who does what and why that'll win the game. i mean, c'mon, their highlighted talking point this morning is about Tim Tebow, a guy who has nothing to do with the Super Bowl and likely never will.
ok, my rant is over, and with all that said, i'll still be watching the game tonight, but i sure am glad that i have some things to do around the house while it's on.... sports are s'posed to be exciting, and again this year's highlight will probably be the commercials. :( hey who know's, Pitbull performed last night, maybe there's some hope for this event yet. :ban:

I'm with you. This is one of the least interesting matchups I've seen in awhile. I don't care much who wins and just can't get excited for it. I'm sure I'll watch it though on the off chance something truly epic does happen, but I have a feeling I'll just end up drinking a little too much and falling asleep during half time. :D

The first matchup between these teams was more epic with the Pats trying to go 19-0. But this one doesn't strike me as bad. Nothing special, but more interesting to me than some previous (Pittsburgh-Seattle, Chicago-Indy). Of course if your team is in it, it chafes everything.

I keep forgetting its today. I dont watch any sports and could care less about any game. I will, however, watch the halftime show if I am in front of the tv at the correct timing.

well, it's nice to know i'm not alone in this one. Gduck, i have about the same sentiment as you, it'll be on TV, but i'll surely be focused on drinking some homebrew and vegging in my recliner. i may even take the time to clear out the back of my garage, we're continuing a build tomorrow to finish it off and use the back half as the brewery. ventilation and the last of the insulation and drywall goes up tomorrow.
lamppa, i'm a sports fan, and i still couldn't care less about tonight's game. i'm hoping there's a good hockey game to occupy the TV set tonight. i'll pay attention to the Bowl, but hopefully there's another option.
McGarnigle, yeah, this one's just blah. pretty much the had the same feeling about pitt-sea too. being a Bears fan, the Chi-Indy matchup was just plain heartbreaking. hopefully something historic or just a great story line will come of tonight's game. without that factor, i'd have to think this may go down as on of those Super Bowl's people look back on and say 'meh...'.

i'm in the same boat. i'm sitting down to watch it after work 'cuz it's just a tradition in my family.
The girlfriend bought some super bowl snacks (wings, mac salad etc) and myself and her son are going to sit down and watch the game. hopefully teach him a bit about football (i've tried before, but he just is NOT that interested lol).
We did get some expensive root beer for him to sip on as i sip on my beer.

Did the same kinda thing last night, SWMBO and her daughter went to the bedroom for a girls night (nail painting, face masks etc) while her son and i stayed in the front room, did an extract batch on the stove, played games and ate pizza lol. was pretty fun!

i'm in the same boat. i'm sitting down to watch it after work 'cuz it's just a tradition in my family.
The girlfriend bought some super bowl snacks (wings, mac salad etc) and myself and her son are going to sit down and watch the game. hopefully teach him a bit about football (i've tried before, but he just is NOT that interested lol).
We did get some expensive root beer for him to sip on as i sip on my beer.

Did the same kinda thing last night, SWMBO and her daughter went to the bedroom for a girls night (nail painting, face masks etc) while her son and i stayed in the front room, did an extract batch on the stove, played games and ate pizza lol. was pretty fun!

yeah, i plan to hang out with my step sons a bit tonight, too. neither of whom are big sports fans, other than my older one being a NY Rangers fan (no clue, must be teenage rebellion. this is a 'Hawks family :mug: ) he's got a keg of Sprecher he can share with his brother, and maybe we'll end up putting a batch of soda together or something. really, at this point, most things sound more exiting than tonight's game.

I'm more interested in the food than the game. The cooking and camaraderie are what I do the whole party thing for, gives me an opportunity to cook some good appetisers and everyone loves my wings.

Couldn't care any less about the game tonight. Not even sure if I'll turn the TV on today/tonight. I have more important/better things to do today, like laundry and cleaning up the hardware from yesterday/light night's brew session. :rockin:

Haven't been this indifferent to a Super Bowl since SB43. Don't care.

Not surprised in the least that people who don't have an emotional stake in the outcome of the game wouldn't be interested. I certainly wouldn't be interested if it were say, the Jets, and the Cardinals, but I suspect the people living in NYC and Arizona would be!

On the contrary you insensetive ass-hats!

The Villanova/providence game has a great story behind it. Players switched at birth, a magical amulet, a dragon befriended by a pure heart, a princess locked in a tower.....oh....what???

As an Eagles fan I cannot root for either team so I'm not too exicted. I'm going to root for the Patriots only because I don't want an NFC east team to win.

Someone asked me two weeks ago who I thought was going to win...

I had to first ask who was playing. lol..

Lets see, we have a couple of guys from
Ma, .... must be relocated Jets fans
Minn... Do they even have a NFL team.??
Ill....Who must like figure skating.
And a Eagles fan.. No worry,Andy Reid has it all figured out.
But i am EXCITED..... GO BIG BLUE

Never been much of a fan myself. I would much rather hang out in the parking lot and tailgate during the game... :)

I just came on here to start a post I was going to call "I don't give a sh*t about the Super Bowl, Madonna, or commercials". Glad to hear I'm not the only hater. Guess I'm just not American enough. Besides, hockey is waaay better than football, and there was a time when Baseball was America's pasttime. I'll take some baseball or hockey over football anytime. F*ck it...I'm going to get drunk and eat nachos tonight anyways!:ban:

Oh, and none of this matters, because I don't even have a TV!

I keep forgetting its today. I dont watch any sports and could care less about any game. I will, however, watch the halftime show if I am in front of the tv at the correct timing.

+1 (except hockey) Lamppa how can you be in Minnesota and not watch hockey??? Shame on you.

I've gotta agree, I'm watching for tradition sake tonight. It's always nice to get the family together, even if you don't give a crap about the game.

jholen said:
Someone asked me two weeks ago who I thought was going to win...

I had to first ask who was playing. lol..

Same here. We don't have TV service ( just Netflix, etc through the Xbox) so I didn't even know who was playing

I'm watching it, but I don't have a horse in the race. I could really care less about either team. There's teams other than the Lion's that I do enjoy, mostly The Saints and The Packers, if they were in I'd be less indifferent.

I just hope it's a compelling enough game to actually enjoy.

I will say I am really glad Tim Tebow's not in it, so there's one level of annoyance we don't have to deal with.

thepartsmancometh said:
Same here. We don't have TV service ( just Netflix, etc through the Xbox) so I didn't even know who was playing

They are streaming it live for free this year. All you need is internet.

Since the niners lost I don't care either. Im not really into watching rematches for big games. I didn't watch the college championship for the same reason. I find in more entertaining to watch the ships in the river right now compared to the giants and patriots.

As a California transplant and a niner fan I feel its my duty to go for the pats. Other than that I think the Giants should feel lucky they were given this gift from Kyle Williams.

Too bad we all live so fart apart. We could have an awesome anti-Super Bowl party and get smashed on home brew!

As a California transplant and a niner fan I feel its my duty to go for the pats. Other than that I think the Giants should feel lucky they were given this gift from Kyle Williams.

I thought it was Green Bay instead of the Giants prior to today, and I have no idea and don't care who Kyle Williams is...

Maybe you should start a thread "Let's debate who's lucky to be in the Superbowl"? I'm guessing you'll have a more lively discussion.

Lets see, we have a couple of guys from
Ma, .... must be relocated Jets fans
Minn... Do they even have a NFL team.??
Ill....Who must like figure skating.
And a Eagles fan.. No worry,Andy Reid has it all figured out.
But i am EXCITED..... GO BIG BLUE

just for nailing both my home state and the state i grew up in, i'm gonna have to pull for the Pats tonight. :mug:

I just came on here to start a post I was going to call "I don't give a sh*t about the Super Bowl, Madonna, or commercials". :ban:

Oh, and none of this matters, because I don't even have a TV!

oh man, i miss those days. now that i have kids in the house, i'm required to have a television.

Game? What game? :D

i feel your pain, Yoop. although we probably wouldn't agree on whom, but i think we can both agree the NFC could have a better representative here.

Love me some hockey.

need me some hockey! :ban:

I just hope it's a compelling enough game to actually enjoy.

me too... so far, not too bad. can't complain about a safety and single digit scores as the half winds down.

I will say I am really glad Tim Tebow's not in it, so there's one level of annoyance we don't have to deal with.

oh man, you n me both. I'm sure he's a great kid and all, but man, has he gotten on my last nerve. :mug:

wow, i really didn't think people would respond to this. i was finishing my coffee this morning and watching ESPN. it made me want to go back to bed. so i decided to share my thoughts. then i went out to get some new fish for one of my aquariums ( i got a cytotilapia demasoni and a lace fin synodonis for those into fishkeeping), came home and whipped up an extract batch of german alt. decide to see what's goin' on here and it seems that i'm not alone in the 'meh, it's a football game.' camp.

here's to homebrew!! :mug:

As a Jets fan this game is salt in the wound. The Patriots back in the Superbowl again. Giants fans bashing us. Sucks.

Also, the half time show with Madonna is atrocious. Just awful. Half time shows should be all rock bands - seriously, Madonna?

Russian river has released pliny the younger...so my superbowl is in their brew pub with a couple of those. Cheers gentlemen, football never felt so good.

As a Jets fan this game is salt in the wound. The Patriots back in the Superbowl again. Giants fans bashing us. Sucks.

Also, the half time show with Madonna is atrocious. Just awful. Half time shows should be all rock bands - seriously, Madonna?

Horrible. I've officially switched over to NHL Tonight. No desire to injure my eyes and brain anymore.

I totally agree, why the hell isn't Megadeth or one of the other big rock acts currently on tour doing the halftime show?! Is Madonna seriously their idea of pumping up the crowd?

Back