Lagunitas IPA Extract Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeTheHopDog

Reaction score
Looking for a tried and true Lagunitas IPA Extract Clone I see that Austin has one on their site. Has anyone tried it, and if so, how close is it? Thanks.

Here is a link for the all grain version. You just need to supplement the base grain with an appropriate amount of extract. Keep all others the same and steep the grain. I wouldn't steep the wheat malt though. It is very close to Lagunita's IPA. Lagunita's Can You Brew It.

Here is a link for the all grain version. You just need to supplement the base grain with an appropriate amount of extract. Keep all others the same and steep the grain. I wouldn't steep the wheat malt though. It is very close to Lagunita's IPA. Lagunita's Can You Brew It.

Blender,
When you say "I wouldn't steep the wheat malt". Can you elaborate on that? Also, will Beersmith convert from AG to Extract or is there just a rule of thumb?

Running the AG recipe from Blender in Beersmith converted it to this for extract:

Amount Item
8.27 lb Light Extract (8.0 SRM)
0.58 lb Wheat Liquid Extract (8.0 SRM)
1.47 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM)
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (Dry Hop 7 days)
0.28 oz Horizon [12.00 %] (60 min)
0.11 oz Summit [18.50 %] (60 min)
0.63 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days)
0.32 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (30 min)
0.64 oz Williamette [5.50 %] (30 min)
0.95 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (1 min)

How does this look? Also, LHBS does not carry Centennial or Horizon hops. What would be a good substitute?

Back