Max Payne!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else geeked to see this movie? Played the video game all the way through. I don't usually do that. Seeing Mark Wahlberg play Max makes it even better!

Went to see Richeous Kill last week and the trailor for Max Payne was on before...

Can not wait... And I haven't played the games. Should I?

Say hello to your mutha for me.

I really liked the video game and will probably check out the movie.

Went to see Richeous Kill last week and the trailor for Max Payne was on before...

Can not wait... And I haven't played the games. Should I?

Yes ... yes, you should.

Personally, I've been leary of movies based on a video game since Wing Commander. I was completely p!$$3d. The game came with BLUEPRINTS of the individual ships!!! If you played the game and watched the movie, you know what I'm talking about!

Oh wow, they are making it a movie? I remember when it came out for PC. It was pretty sweet. I used to love the dual Uzi's (or whatever they were). That and the part where you are outside that apartment building and the tv is on and the duck or goose or whatever is saying all that weird stuff. :D

this game was retarded....Who wants to listen to a guy do the worlds worst Clint Eastwood impression? Also, the controls were about as good as the first Tomb Raider.

However, I do like that goat's beard.

this game was retarded....Who wants to listen to a guy do the worlds worst Clint Eastwood impression? Also, the controls were about as good as the first Tomb Raider.

Even the slo mo shooting parts? I thought that was pretty freakin cool.

The controls? You can bind any keys you want, I don't see how it's different than any other fps with k/b+mouse?

The controls? You can bind any keys you want, I don't see how it's different than any other fps with k/b+mouse?

+1 the controls were fine.

Heard about Wahlbergs response to the SNL bit on the radio. His version was MUCH funnier IMO. And he wasn't "p!ssed", just didnt' think it was very funny.

Watching the trailer reminded me "Tell the Devil the Dime sent ya". :D

Are the Valkryie symbolic of his emotional torment tied to his past and the street drug? If they are actually creatures in the film then that's just stupid. I recognized several parts from the game, although the chick was misplaced.

This steaming pile of crap game was out for PS2 long before it hit the PC. I hope the movie has the part where he's running around in complete darkness on tightropes and has to know when to jump off to land on another tightrope... :rolleyes:

speaking of video games made into movies...was doom with the rock any good? never played max payne, but there was a cool fps called rise of the triad. you could eat mushrooms and the screen would go all swirly and psychedelic.

This steaming pile of crap game was out for PS2 long before it hit the PC. I hope the movie has the part where he's running around in complete darkness on tightropes and has to know when to jump off to land on another tightrope... :rolleyes:

Well, if you want to go there...:D...

As for the console argument, been there done that, console porting ruined my favorite series of all time (UT). I found the game a simple mindless shoot-em-up linear fps. *shrug*. Was I shaken to the core? No. Did I have fun playing it, Yes (aside from the two lame walk-around-in-darkness scenes). Was I screaming for joy, no. There wasn't much to it, as has been oh, %99.999 of FPS's released in the past 10 years. HL and HL2 weren't any less linear. So don't think you have me pegged as a console fanboi. :fro:

And you still didn't answer my question about the controls.

Console porting also killed the Thief series, well that and looking glass disbanding.

Anyhow,

PC Release Date: Jul 23, 2001
PS2 Release Date: Dec 6, 2001

Oh, well if you are talking about the console version, I can't comment. I dont' play FPS games on consoles. That's just dumb... :D

I believe (without seeing the movie) that the Valkyries are merely symbolic and represent what the person might be imagining while high on the drug. Like in the trailer you see a guy being dragged out of a high-rise window by the creature, but in real life he is likely just jumping out as a result of being stoned.

I don't know. I'm just ready for the very dark tone and don't give **** attitude from Max while he systematically blows away everyone and everything in his path down total self-destruction. Slo-mo actions scenes galore!

FYI - Don't claim rip-off when Max slo-mo's his way through the lobby. That scene was taken from the game, which unabashedly ripped it from Matrix. They wanted to make the game so that you could experience the lobby scene action in a game.

speaking of video games made into movies...was doom with the rock any good? never played max payne, but there was a cool fps called rise of the triad. you could eat mushrooms and the screen would go all swirly and psychedelic.

Doom was ok. It was a total action movie with little to say about acting. Pretty good effects, basically lame story (yeah, you THOUGHT you knew what Doom was about...) but def worth a rental. There is a sequence near the end of the movie where you get to see through the Rock's eyes, and it's basically just like playing the game. Kind of hard on the eyes, but still fun.

I remember playing ROTT years ago, but dont' remember the mushrooms. we didn't play it that much. Mostly Duke Nukem 3D, HL, Heretic. Hours and Hours on LAN gaming sessions...

speaking of video games made into movies...was doom with the rock any good?

GODS ABOVE, HELL F#$%ING NO!!! That movie was terrible in my opinion. Granted they made a full length movie out of a 2 minute plot. Doom and Wing Commander are on the "Do NOT watch EVER!!!" list. Maybe that should be a new rant thread. Hmmm ...

GODS ABOVE, HELL F#$%ING NO!!! That movie was terrible in my opinion. Granted they made a full length movie out of a 2 minute plot. Doom and Wing Commander are on the "Do NOT watch EVER!!!" list. Maybe that should be a new rant thread. Hmmm ...

Did anyone see Resident Evil? I haven't seen any films made from video games, at least none that I am aware of...

I agree. It seems ... not right. For that game to not get an R rating ...

Agreed. "M" game = "R" movie.
For crying outloud the game revolves around drug addiction and killing people.

Did anyone see Resident Evil? I haven't seen any films made from video games, at least none that I am aware of...

The first one was pretty good IMO. Second was the worst and the third was somewhere inbetween. Milla's skin makes the last two worthwhile.

I personally loved the Resident Evil movies. As long as you realize they slowly diverged away from the video games, then you're fine.

As for Mila Kunis and Milla Jovovich, I think they should battle it out in a mud pit to see who's better.

I personally loved the Resident Evil movies. As long as you realize they slowly diverged away from the video games, then you're fine.

As for Mila Kunis and Milla Jovovich, I think they should battle it out in a mud pit to see who's better.

Vegetable oil's better, you can see through it ;)
Set it up as a poll. My vote's on Milla Jovovich

It came out for PC in July and PS2 in December of 2001.

I hope the movie doesn't botch the game too much.

Ok, DOOM is actually pretty bad if you want critique the film. It's not bad if you want a plotless action flick with some pretty good FX and blazing guns.

Max Payne has been getting some pretty dismal reviews. I didn't get to watch it cause my friend backed out and I had lots and lots fo stuff to get done before carpet got laid, but I still want to see it. Not sure how the game could be portrayed correctly with a PG-13 rating, but we'll see.

My vote is for Milla Kunis. I think she's younger, brunette and younger, so there ya go. Not that the other Milla is not a total toss doll either, but if I were FORCED to choose...

Back