Orange soda + yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamdillabo

Reaction score
My brother is in my ear about my beer making and he wants to make cheap alcoholic beverages. If you add yeast to warm orange soda will it ferment?

You could try whipping some air into the must and let it sit and hopefully some of the preservatives would evaporate. Once the carbonation has dissipated check the gravity and add sugar to your desired alcohol content. Then ferment, stabilize, back-sweeten and force carb.

You could try whipping some air into the must and let it sit and hopefully some of the preservatives would evaporate. Once the carbonation has dissipated check the gravity and add sugar to your desired alcohol content. Then ferment, stabilize, back-sweeten and force carb.

I don't know that your plan to turn orange soda hard will work, but this does sound like the best method for an attempt.

I would recommend using EC1118, it is a very hardy yeast, and make a yeast starter, much like i do when making Skeeter Pee..

I am not familiar with fourloco. But I assume it isn't a fermented drink. If so, wouldn't it be a lot easier and effective (and probably closer to the product he is attempting to replicate) to just buy a bottle of vodka or something and orange soda?

Back