Dec 21 2012 Who has Plans???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday is $2 Pre-Prohibition Lager night at the Lucky Bucket Brewery. The wife and I are planning to take the college boy to tip a few.

driving to my fiance's house for xmas. Then probably drinking. Will have the gun with me just in case some crazy dude forgets his meds that day. She lives in the woods in a well off neigborhood outside a city so who knows what will happen. Nothing an ar can't handle..

smh...

muhahaha!!!

Seriously though... Guns will stay at home. Her dad is a retired parole officer. He's armed if needed. However, nothing is going to happen...except for me drinking!

The whole end of the world thing is about as hyped up as the zombie thing or Y2k. We all know how that ended up. Mass hysteria and nothing happened. If something does happen. THere isn't a damn thing any of us are going to be able to do.

Imma do the lost abby as well. Seems fitting. But you really dont need a gun or a bug out bag if the worlds gonna end. Wich the only thing thats gonna end is the day and work following the next day. :(

Anyone gonna be dissapoined if it doesn't end?

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't at least cause a bunch of idiots to kill each other off.

Probably just sitting in my driveway with a loaded shotgun.

The usual Friday night routine.

I'll probably end up doing the same thing, but will stay on the porch where the comfy chairs are. I know, boring life, and oh so lonely....

Going for speed??

From Cake "The Distance"

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
Engines pumping and thumping in time
The green light flashes, the flags go up
Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup
They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank
Fuel burning fast on an empty tank
Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns
Their prowess is potent and secretly stern

As they speed through the finish, the flags go down
The fans get up and they get out of town
The arena is empty except for one man
Still driving and striving as fast as he can
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up
And long ago somebody left with the cup
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns
And thinking of someone for whom he still burns

He's going the distance
He's going for speed
She's all alone
In her time of need

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course
He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse
He's going the distance
No trophy, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no wine
He's haunted by something he cannot define
Bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
Assail him, impale him with monster-truck force
In his mind, he's still driving, still making the grade

She's hoping in time that her memories will fade
Cause he's racing and pacing and plotting the course
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up
And long ago somebody left with the cup
But he's striving and driving and hugging the turns
And thinking of someone for whom he still burns

'Cause he's going the distance
He's going for speed
She's all alone
In her time of need

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course
He's racing and pacing and plotting the course

He's going the distance
He's going for speed
He's going the distance

I should check my round count and stock up. Fill all my .45 mags (each can take 15) and wait for nothing to happen. Probably going to pull a pint of my 12.5% wee heavy and wait for... nothing to happen :D

More concerned about people going completely nuts than the world actually ending...

I'll be at my friends cabin in East Texas drinking, shooting, and blowing stuff up with my childhood friends. It's my favorite place in earth so if the world ends I'll die a happy man.

But it probably won't and I'll wake up on the 22nd with a massive hangover.

I'll be at my friends cabin in East Texas drinking, shooting, and blowing stuff up with my childhood friends. It's my favorite place in earth so if the world ends I'll die a happy man.

But it probably won't and I'll wake up on the 22nd with a massive hangover.

The blowing stuff up part sounds fun

Blowing stuff up sounds like a great plan. That's what I will be doing.... well if you count bad guys in a video game that is.

Beer + video games w/my wife= perfect way to end the world

If it doesn't end.... which it won't... it sounds like a good night to me.

I am going to be pissed if the world doesnt end as that means i have to go Christmas shopping.

If it doesn't end, I'm going to have to throw out all my Mayan calendars. If I'd known they were only going to good for a few thousand years, I never would have bought the heavy things in the first place!!!

Be careful with that, you could seriously hurt either yourself or someone else that way. :drunk: Drop one on your foot and look OUT!! lol

As soon as I get home I am pouring a scotch, and then my buddy is going to come over and help make liver sausages.

The sauces are in the crock pots and the Great Room is clean, mostly. Got a small pot of vegan sauce. Last year there was whining because it was only vegetarian. Any leftovers go in the main pot.

What method do you use to covert a vegan into sauce?? :eek: :D

Here is my recipe:

Cube 2 vegans and place in food processor. Add 1/4 cup worcester sauce, 3 onions, 1 sprig rosemary and 2 cloves garlic. Hit the puree button and when finished put into a large saucepan. Put on low heat on the stove and simmer for at least 4 hours. Serve over a bed of organic rice or gluten free pasta. :)

image-952522927.jpg

Latest posts

Back