DIY Stir Plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntinsoldier

Reaction score
Threw this together in about 2 hours and it works awesome. Can't wait to do my first starter with it!

2012-08-23_15-31-33_182.jpg

That looks super slick. Did you follow build instructions or just do it on your own?

Thanks! I watched a couple of YouTube videos on other peoples builds. Luckily, I had most of the parts at my job. I'm going to install a speed control tomorrow. Turns out, a speed control is more of a necessity than a feature. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the stir bar spinning.

I bpught a speed controller and never actually installed it. When I went to buy a wall wart, the only thing they had in stock was a variable voltage model. Instant speed controller. Mine generally stirs correctly at 3 volts on a 12V fan.

Oh that's cool. I didn't even know they made variable voltage warts. I'll definitely look for one. One less hole to drill. Lol

I bpught a speed controller and never actually installed it. When I went to buy a wall wart, the only thing they had in stock was a variable voltage model. Instant speed controller. Mine generally stirs correctly at 3 volts on a 12V fan.

I used the same thing. Different reason though. Radio shack was out of the speed control I wanted when I was buying my parts so I came up with the variable voltage wall plug as a substitute on the fly. It is nice. Less wiring and less cost. :rockin:

Latest posts

Back