*NEW* Spike Brewing Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
***Just a heads up.... The sale price ends on Friday. Wanted to thank everyone that has taken a peek at our new product and thanks to all the new conical owners!!***

It's taken over 1 year but we finally have launched our new 12.5 gallon stainless steel fermenter, perfect for a 5 or 10 gallon finished batch.

Details can be seen here: www.spikebrewing.com/products/conical-fermenter

If you have any questions please feel free to post them below or email us at [email protected] :mug:

Looks like it would be easy to add a cylinder on top of this to make it twice as large. Will that be something available in the future?

Mike

Ohh! I'm first! Looks awesome!
What are the dimensions?!
Thanks!

The dimensions are 16" in diameter and roughly 32" in overall height.

Looks like it would be easy to add a cylinder on top of this to make it twice as large. Will that be something available in the future?

Mike

Mike, that has been discussed. We have also talked about making new tooling for different sizes as well.

Is there an opening in the lid for additions (hops, yeast, ect)? Such as a corny keg lid built into the conical lid?

The hole lid can be removed and there is also a hole for the airlock

so it has a 1.5" dump port?

can it be pressurized at all?

Correct, the bottom will have a 90 degree elbow with a 1.5" dump valve on the bottom.

Pressurizing is something we still need to test. How many PSI are you looking for?

The hole lid can be removed and there is also a hole for the airlock

Correct, the bottom will have a 90 degree elbow with a 1.5" dump valve on the bottom.

Pressurizing is something we still need to test. How many PSI are you looking for?

Im happy to hear about the 1.5" dump valve. Ive read several reviews of smaller valves getting stuck as the trub gets very thick/hard. Sounds like this unit will be able to drop trub/hops easily!

If the unit held 2-3 PSI, then you could use C02 to push the beer to your keg. Sounds like gravity feeding will the way you transfer with this one?

One suggestion though, get about dozen high res close up shots of the inside, valves, seams, etc. up on your site. Pics sell man! Or send me one to test and I'll take them for you :)

You can see more pics here, looks like the same fermentor. Ben, is Spikebrewing actually building these, or reselling them? I ask because I would definitely be interested in a 30 gallon version.

One suggestion though, get about dozen high res close up shots of the inside, valves, seams, etc. up on your site. Pics sell man! Or send me one to test and I'll take them for you :)

Damn you beat us to it. We were still waiting on photos to come back from the graphics guys. How do they look now?

You can see more pics here, looks like the same fermentor. Ben, is Spikebrewing actually building these, or reselling them? I ask because I would definitely be interested in a 30 gallon version.

Yes we are building these. Right now we only had the cash to make the 12.5gal. Figured it was the most versatile (can do 5 and 10gal batches). We are planning on building larger conicals eventually if the demand is there.

Damn you beat us to it. We were still waiting on photos to come back from the graphics guys. How do they look now?

Yes, we are building these. Right now we only had the cash to make the 12.5gal. Figured it was the most versatile (can do 5 and 10gal batches). We are planning on building larger conicals eventually if the demand is there.

Just a heads up.... The sale price ends on Friday. Wanted to thank everyone that has taken a peek at our new product and thanks to all the new conical owners!!

:mug:

Do you sell accessories? I have a similar conical and would like to buy a spare lid gasket.

I see yours can be pressurized to 5 psi, I like to push beer out, and my gasket tends to leak CO2 by the clamp handle. I think I need a thicker gasket.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back