What do you think the new fad for BMC will be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We all know how BMC producers like to jump on the popular wagon. In years past it has been lime or some lime tasting substance in the beer, red beer, some like to put wheat in the name and still call it a light beer. Shhh, don't say anything about the carbs, if they don't ask we won't tell.

Anyways, so what do you think next summers break out brew for BMC is going to be?

I am going along the lines of:

Citrus
fruits

For funny ones:

olive
potato
hops

honestly, the beer industry is long overdue for a "fruit" fad.

Does anyone remember when there was no such thing as flavored vodka? I bet BMC is going to take off with flavored beers. The saddest part is that people will drink them.

Pardon my noobness, but what does BMC stand for?

Beer Manufacturing Company?
Big Metal Can?
Black Mammy Cook?
Bald Men Crying?

I think it's obvious from Bud Light Wheat and all of the Michelob "craft" looking beers that the new fad is that they are trying to make it appear that they are making craft beers. But we all know that this is just for their greedy wallets.

Ah, thanks.

My prediction will be cheaper versions of craft brew styles. That way everyone can be a wannabe connoisseur and own a Hyundai that's styled like a Mercedes.

I think it's obvious from Bud Light Wheat and all of the Michelob "craft" looking beers that the new fad is that they are trying to make it appear that they are making craft beers. But we all know that this is just for their greedy wallets.

Wow, great minds, and all that :mug:

There is already fruit flavored beers on the market. They are called wine cooler... Flavored beer:rolleyes: so they say:confused:

My bet is on a an IPA.

I use to drink Miller Lite, it just doesn't taste good to me now since I started brewing my own. To watered down tasting now.

It's going to be something like:

Energy Beer
Health Beer (High in vitamins and low in carbs...)
Organic Beer
and the ultimate you know your going to see Craft Style BMC beer...Oh wait aren't they trying to do that...

Its going to be real "craft" beer labeled under a new licensed brewery name so it wont say Anheuser-Busch anywhere on the label. It will still be produced in some mega brewery and people will mistakenly buy it thinking they are supporting some little local brewery... oh wait they do this already, I think i saw it in the beer wars documentary.

Energy beer: Bud Extra, Sparks, Liquid Core, Tilt, Joose, Four Maxed, etc...

I think AB pulled theirs from production.

Next fad:
"Classic" beer/recipes/flavors. PBR has become popular with the hip/trendy crowd. What an opportunity for market exploitation.

A new ICE ALE ICE BREWED at 37 Degrees F. Doesn't matter if it makes sense, no one will ask questions. Look at a mountain stream, a horse, and some boobies... and buy it today!

Can't say to fads, but I predict more consolidation will eventually occur.

With Anheuser-Busch now the American arm of InBev, that new company now has a relatively stable product line. Each of their european beers has its own style and market, without much market cannibalization.

MillerCoors, however, is in trouble. This joint venture between SABMiller and MolsonCoors has so many overlapping crappy macros, they're going to have to either split the partnership or start killing off different brands.

As much as it pains me to say it, I see a future of two main macros, probably Budweiser and Coors, with a tier above that which fits the "fake craft" demographic such as Blue Moon, Budweiser American Ale, and the "new" Michelobs such as their Pale Ale, etc. Below that, Keystone and Natty Light.

"Live yeast fermented through our new patented process"
"Now full hour boiled"
"Unique natural enzyme mash process"

I'm sure it will be toasted pumpkin seeds. I have it from a good source that these make the best beer in the world. Pure genius.

I've got it!!!

It will be a bottle full alcoholic fizzy water that costs them damn near nothing to make.

Oh wait,

They've been doing that for years.

A beautiful example of what you can do with a genius advertising department.

J

Back