Getting married in 5 days!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernerbrau

Reaction score
I know I'm still a newbie to this forum and brewing in general, but first I want to thank everyone who has been extremely forthcoming with invaluable tips and advice that have helped make my foray into homebrew a happy one!

Second, this past weekend I just brought samples of my first two homebrew batches to my dad and brother and their wives and they all were raving about it. This was good, because they were all VERY tenuous and apprehensive before they actually tasted it. By the time they downed the first one--the one that I was embarrassed about because of the plastic aftertaste--they were all very impressed and begging to try the next one. Only thing was they were asking to know the alcohol content and I only just got my hydrometer!!

Finally, I'm getting married this Saturday! The fiancee and I are leaving tomorrow to go to Chicago, where we'll be having the wedding in my grandparents' garden. I will be giving away a considerable amount of homebrew to friends and family :( but I suppose it's as good an excuse as any to brew more!

I know I'm not well known on here but if anyone thinks of me this Saturday and needs an excuse to drink, hoist one for me! :tank:

OK, almost-wife is yelling at me to get off the computer and help pack. Just thought I'd share.

I know I'm not well known on here but if anyone thinks of me this Saturday and needs an excuse to drink, hoist one for me! :tank:

We don't typically need an excuse to drink. There are two types of male drinkers. The single party type who drinks to have fun and... well.... you're about to find out about the other one.

Anyway, congratulations. Sort of... :mug:

OK, almost-wife is yelling at me to get off the computer and help pack.

She just starting the training a little early. :D Congratulations!
As one with a HWMO, I will give you this advice....When Mama is happy, everyone is happy; when Mama is unhappy, you pay for a long, long time.

bernerbits - Well, welcome to this board, congratulations on getting married, and my sincerest condolences on your new ball and chain.:D
At least your extended family likes your homebrew, so they are at least human. :tank:
Best of luck, and I'm going to a bachelor party on Saturday, so toasting will not be an issue. Best of luck and always remember why you got married.

Good luck with everything! have you brewed anything for the reception? :D I'll drink one for you this weekend thats for sure. :mug:

Back from the honeymoon and I am now homebrew-less. Apparently I am just so awful at homebrew that everyone in my family offered to drink it so I wouldn't have to :D

In all seriousness, the only one who didn't like it was Mom, who will only drink beer if it's super-hopped without a trace of malt flavor. She also sees it as a character flaw that I have graduated from wine snobbery to beer snobbery.

But, even with the homebrew all gone, I get paid Friday, and Saturday is when I move my Apfelwein out of primary. I just want to know, do I go for a Porter or a Hefeweizen? Or, do I buy another carboy and brew both?

Oh, and for anyone who just loves weddings: http://yourrealyou.smugmug.com/Weddings/583378

Congrats!!! Your wife is gorgeous! Boy did you luck out!!! :D

BTW who is the stunning woman in picture 4 on page one? I think I'm in love;)

It's nice to have such a "helpful" family, isn't it?

If you keg I would suggest brewing Orfy's 10 day from grain to glass recipe. That way you'll have something soon.

My blessings to you and your wife!

And I don't have any kegging equipment yet, so no go on Orfy's.

I had a pint of Edmund Fitzgerald Porter in Charlevoix, Michigan last week and so now I'm looking for a partial mash clone recipe. Who knew that drinking black tar could be so damn refreshing?

And I don't have any kegging equipment yet, so no go on Orfy's.

I had a pint of Edmund Fitzgerald Porter in Charlevoix, Michigan last week and so now I'm looking for a partial mash clone recipe. Who knew that drinking black tar could be so damn refreshing?

And so you came to Michigan and didn't post an announcement that you and the stunning bride were gonna be in my state...You didn't think possibly at least ONE of us in this state would be nearby and want to meet a fellow hbt'er???

We might have been able to have fixed you up with a wedding present of home brew to tide you over.

Since you bottle, look at some of biermuncher's recipes, several of them are low grav enough that they could be ready in a month...if they finish out in 7 days and you rush them to bottle...

Newly wed's deserve good beer! :mug:

And so you came to Michigan and didn't post an announcement that you and the stunning bride were gonna be in my state...You didn't think possibly at least ONE of us in this state would be nearby and want to meet a fellow hbt'er???

Ah -- I dropped the ball there. But, in my defense, nobody here asked where I'd be headed on my honeymoon!

Back