What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-2046350284.jpg

Enjoying a Morning Wood from the new brewery in town.

20130215_190814_zps648fd973.jpg

A very underrated beer in my opinion. From perusing these forums over the past few years though there seems to be a real hatred of Fuggles so that could be it. I love Fuggles. Couldn't live without them.

great beer and fuggles is great !
Drinking a belgian triple 5 months old . Much better than they were when I made them .

Just finished my AG Bitter. Good stuff, but tastes a bit grainy. Having a Grumpy Monk (Sam Adams) next.

And now this bad boy.

Same here, MrNic! I love the rye. A buddy and I will be getting together for a Ruthless Rye partial mash day pretty soon. Got the recipe out of BYO.

Still waiting for my pipeline to provide daily liquid refreshment. Not in the mood for my pepper stout tonight.

Fedor von Bock - 'Belgian' Stout I accidentally pitched wyeast 3068 in. It was terrible for about 8 weeks, but when it was finally just 'hot' and not nasty, I bottled it and it's pretty good for a beer named after a Nazi.

Tiber_Brew said:
My oak aged robust porter from my Nitrogen tap. F*ck me. This is one of the best beers I've had to date.

That looks delicious. I would be tempted to drink and drink until the keg rolled.

Had a flight at a local brew pub tonight. A DIPA, an IPA, a rye PA, a hoppy pils and a wheat ale. All of them were pretty good, but nothing too impressive. After my flight at Willy Brew I had a couple of their guest taps: A Sixpoint Spice of Life: Pacifica and a New England Brewing Company Premeditated Murder Barleywine. For the Sixpoint I really dug the Pacifica hops. Very mild, earthy and spicy. Very reminiscent of noble hops. They would go great in a pils. The NEBC was awesome. Nothing special at first, but as it warmed a lot of great dark fruit and malty notes came out along with a subdued but still very present late hop character and strong bitterness. My only gripe with them was that not a single beer either my wife or I was served had any sort of head on it. That kind of pissed me off, but I put it in the comment card so with any luck that will be addressed the next time we go there. Now that I am home I am getting down on my second to last Ninkasi Total Domination. So, so good.

20130225_173514.jpg

20130225_180351.jpg

20130225_195400.jpg

Had a flight at a local brew pub tonight. A DIPA, an IPA, a rye PA, a hoppy pils and a wheat ale. All of them were pretty good, but nothing too impressive. After my flight at Willy Brew I had a couple of their guest taps: A Sixpoint Spice of Life: Pacifica and a New England Brewing Company Premeditated Murder Barleywine. For the Sixpoint I really dug the Pacifica hops. Very mild, earthy and spicy. Very reminiscent of noble hops. They would go great in a pils. The NEBC was awesome. Nothing special at first, but as it warmed a lot of great dark fruit and malty notes came out along with a subdued but still very present late hop character and strong bitterness. My only gripe with them was that not a single beer either my wife or I was served had any sort of head on it. That kind of pissed me off, but I put it in the comment card so with any luck that will be addressed the next time we go there. Now that I am home I am getting down on my second to last Ninkasi Total Domination. So, so good.

Is it that hard to move the glass away from the faucet at the end of the pour? You know you're a beer snob when you complain about getting too much beer in your glass, but it drives me crazy.

Can't wait to try Pacifica - NZ Hallertau, right? I brewed my first beer with Motueka and the hop is exactly what you'd expect for a NZ super Saaz.

Back