Craft brew in Atlanta?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davekippen

Reaction score
Anyone know of any craft brew available in Atlanta that I can't get in Michigan? I'm here for a few days...

Just find a restaurant called taco Mac. 200+ beers on tap, and hundreds more in bottle

davekippen said:
Anyone know of any craft brew available in Atlanta that I can't get in Michigan? I'm here for a few days...

Sweetwater is great. They have a new IPA called LowRYEder that is really good. 420 is a classic.

Terrapin is one of my favorites. They have good... well, everything!

Redbrick is pretty good too.

The Terrapin Rye Pale Ale has to be in my current top 10. Sweetwater is also very good.

I am from Atlanta, but currently live in Tampa, and our world-class brewery, Cigar City, is distributed in Atlanta. If you've never had any of their beers, you need to. I would put them up against any of the best breweries in the whole country. Jai Alai is one of the best IPAs out there. They have a fall seasonal Farmhouse Ale called Sea Bass that might be my favorite all-time beer if you can find one. The Tocobaga Red Ale is also probably my current favorite red, if you don't count Rodenbach Red (a Flanders Red).

As far as brewpubs/breweries:

5 Seasons Brewery has three locations, and is a really nice brewpub that makes their own organic beers.

The Vortex in Five-Points has a great draft and bottle selection and is a very unique, quirky restaurant with GREAT burgers.

There is a Gordon Biersch brewery restaurant in the Peachtree Street/Buckhead area and the Midtown area. Get the das boot!

In Decatur, try the Brick Store.
My favorite Atlanta beer is O'Dempsey's. Another Georgia favorite is Jailhouse.
If Sweetwater, then I recommend their one off, Danktoberfest.

Back