Oranjeboom clone recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tehmaxshell

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a recipe for an Oranjeboom clone? I'm somewhat of a newbie brewer so any advice or tips will be very welcomed.

I've no info on a clone for you, but I LOVE Orangeboom! I can't ever find it anywhere. If you come up with a recipe, please post it!:mug:

I'll let you know how mine turned out after tonight. I've got my clone just ready (Orange Kitty Zoom - 2nd batch) as well as some Orangeboom and a bunch of folks coming over for some beer tasting. The last time I had the real thing, three of us thought there might be a little corn in it (it is a cheap Euro beer after all). I did a little looking around on the web and found one site that said they used Goldings hops. This will be the first chance I've had to try them side by side. In any case, it tastes really good. Last year my wife claimed control over this keg as it was one of her favorites that I'd ever brewed. She said who was allowed to have some of the beer, and how much they could have. It was seriously poundable.

Here's my recipe (from memory, so might be off a little)

1.5 lbs flaked corn (for sure)
1.5 lbs 6- row (for sure)
4 lbs Pilsner malt
0.5 lbs of carahell or something in that vein)

Step mash 15 min at 130 F, 30 min. at 148 F, 15 min. at 158 F, then to 168 F and then sparge.

Hops
Sorachi Ace ~25 IBUs at 60 min.
Kent Goldings 1/2 oz at 20 min.
Kent Goldings 1/8 oz at 5 min.
Sorachi Ace 1/8 oz at 5 min.

For yeast I use White labs 833, (Bock lager). I find it gives a nice fullness to the beer, which is a bit odd for a beer with corn, but I like it.

Thanks a lot for the recipe. At some point in the near future my roommate and i will have acquired the necessary equipment to do all-grain. At this point we still have to use partial extract but our brews have tasted alright.

I just have one question:

What do you mean when you say "~25 ibus of ______"?

What do you mean when you say "~25 ibus of ______"?

I can't remember exactly how much Sorachi Ace hops I added for bittering, but I do know that it gave ~ 25 IBU's. There are IBU claculators on the web. You plug in the alpha acid content of the hops, the amount, and the time of the boil and it will calculate the IBU's for you.

We did taste the beers and my clone is very tasty. I do like the Bock yeast, but it made for a fuller beer than the real thing. We thought the hop flavors were pretty close, and if I switched to a more clean lager yeast it would be pretty close.

Hi all,

Thanks for the recipe.

Few questions about cloning Oranjeboom, candi Syrup should be added to that recipe? if so, how much should I use -1lb maybe per 5 gallons, do you believe it should be added at the end of the boil or in a secondary fermentation?

Regards,

Latest posts

Back