Brew Pubs/breweries In Chattanooga TN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galek

Reaction score
I am in Chattanooga TN for the next couple of weeks with the inlaws. I have never been here for more than a couple days and have nothing to really do. I am from New England so most local/southern beer is new to me.

I searched and Chattanooga was not found in this whole forum. So I am guessing that I wont find some great brew pub, but anyone know of a decent brewery around here? After 2 months in Central America I need something that doesn't taste like (generic) lite.

Thanks for any help that is offered.

I visited The Terminal Brewhouse last weekend; I thought the food was pretty good and the beer was pretty okay as well. Secondly, there is Big River Grille; but, I haven't been there in many years so I don't know how things are going there. I would say either one of these are a safe bet.

So, there are two suggestions to get you started with! Also, there is a Gordon Beirsch somewhere in town but I haven't been there yet.

If you are just looking for a beer bar you can't go wrong with Taco Mac!

I'm going to bump this and see if anyone has any suggestions. I'm going to Chattanooga over the weekend, I've got Sunday afternoon free, and maybe Saturday afternoon. Would like to hit a local brewery, any ideas? I've been to Big River already.

As Nealf suggested I did go to the Terminal House. My memory is shaky from two years ago, but I believe they only had 4-5 beers brewed on location. There food was good, a little different from your normal brewery staples. Personally I found my time better spent going to BBQ joints and even chick File since we dont have that stuff too much in new england.

Went to Terminal with the SWMBO the other night. She had the Wit, which was pretty good. I had the APA, which was merely OK. I didn't think the food was anything special, we had the burger and the cheesesteak. The meat was lacking flavor in both. Maybe I'm just being a snobby since there are tons of good restaurants in Dallas, but this burger didn't measure up to what we get in the Big D.

Still, nice to see see Craft Beer in the Nooga.

I'm not from the area but went to Chattanooga for a wedding and the rehearsal party was at Terminal Brewhouse. We were at the very top as a private party but I enjoyed the beers. Nothing outstanding IMO but better than most. The food was good too (hey, I'm from New Orleans so we're picky) and the service was great.
I was told by the staff (this was last year) that 2012 would have some changes and for the better. Something about the brewmaster or supplier that I don't remember but they said that more variety of beers would be in their future.

Back