• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Polarware 15-Gallon Brew Kettle for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Namako

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
SORRY, BUT SOLD: 15-Gallon Polarware Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Brewing Pot with lid, two handles, 1/2" FPT full-port ball valve and a Blichmann BrewMometer thermometer. 60 Quart/15 Gallon/56 Liter capacity, perfect for 10 gallon/37 liter batches.

DSCN9407.jpg

I've brewed exactly 23 batches of beer in this kettle (according to ProMash), and yet the stainless remains in EXCELLENT condition. This kettle was very well cared for, but it came to me with a very, very tiny dent (about the size of a quarter) where the bottom meets the sidewall below the handle on the right side - it does NOT affect the performance at all, but it is slightly visible. The lid has a 7/8" hole professionally drilled in it with a polysiphone quick disconnect already installed, allowing for the transfer of water or wort into the kettle without lifting the lid. The lid came with a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" notch cut in the rim to allow for the arms of an immersion chiller to exit the kettle, again, without needing to remove the lid. These modifications were made to ensure my cooling wort was not exposed to wild yeast or bacteria post-boil as I whirlpooled.

The kettle has served me VERY well, but I have just recently moved up to 26-gallon kettles and I no longer need this one.

Additional photos are available at: http://photobucket.com/polarwarekettle

I'm asking $175.00 PLUS POSTAGE

Shipping will be via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail, with tracking, and I will only charge you the same as the USPS charges me. Packaging and handling is free!

PROST!!! :mug:

I also have an EXCELLENT stainless steel false bottom available for this kettle as well - if you are interested, just ask me about it, and I'll include it in the package for an additional $50.

Shipping from Japan? or is your location info out of date?

Yeah, I'm shipping from Japan... HOWEVER!!!

I'm with the military overseas (Navy in Japan), so while it may look like I'm mailing it internationally, I'm actually mailing it as if I were still in the lower 48. I'm serviced by the U.S. Postal Service here on base, and the box will never touch Japanese hands.

Second, I'm not absolutely sure what size box the "Pack'n'Wrap will use to package this up, but I'm assuming a 24" x 24" x 18" box. That leaves plenty of room for padding - they do an EXCELLENT job of protecting the contents. It appears the kettle itself weighs 21 lbs, based on what I found on other websites offering to sell this new. If the false bottom is included, it will increase the weight by a few more pounds - I can be more exact if you want.

With all of that in mind, here are the numbers if I'm sending it to the West Coast (e.g., 92054 in Oceanside, CA):

USPS Express Mail: $25.04
USPS Parcel Post: $15.84

Both include tracking information.

I just had another thought... I'll be in Seattle this coming Wednesday, attending the National Homebrewer's Conference (NHC) through next Sunday. I'd be more than happy to box this up and bring it as part of my checked baggage, and then hand it over to whoever buys it for NO ADDITIONAL COST in shipping and handling.

Just in case any of ya'll are gonna be there! :)

THE POLARWARE KETTLE IS NOW SOLD!!

But I'll have another one just like it for sale just as soon as I get back from the NHC (whoo whoo!!) and I can get a chance to clean it up - it used to be my insulated Mash Tun, and so it includes a copper B3 sparge ring and a false bottom, along with an upgraded 1/2" full-port ball valve and a Blichmann Thermometer. I pulled the insulation off and realized that it needs a little "Barkeeper's Friend" taken to it! :)

I should have it ready for public display in a week or so...

First in line? Price?
Yup, you're now first in line... I just returned from the NHC, and was waiting until the weekend to get the kettle all shined up. My wife took a shot at it, and she's 95% of the way there. It looks GREAT!!

The kettle comes with a stainless steel false bottom in perfect shape, a Blichmann Brewmometer, and a copper sparge arm attached to the lid using a stainless steel coupler on the inside and a polysiphone quick-disconnect on the outside. The 1/2" valve that came with the kettle wasn't full port, so I replaced it with a superior 1/2" stainless steel full port ball valve.

While it looks great, I would still suggest wrapping it in a hot water heater blanket - the shiney "space blanket" type to help the kettle retain heat during the mash.

You can see a picture of the mash tun in it's working condition in my gallery.

The kettle cost $460 (plus shipping & handling) to assemble, and it is still in GREAT shape. I'm asking $275 for it, plus reimbursement for shipping. I won't add anything for handling because I go to the U.S. Post Office here on base every day anyway, just to check mail. You can calculate the exact shipping costs by entering your zipcode into the USPS website (http://www.usps.gov/), my zipcode (96349), the weight is about 22 lbs., and the box dimensions are about 20" x 20" x 16".

If you have any questions, let me know.

Michael

You're only asking $189 on amazon?

Actually, that was the FIRST of the two kettles I had for sale, and I haven't removed it from Amazon yet - thanks for reminding me!! ;)

Amazon won't let you add the extras - they'll only let you list the basic kettle & valve, so I decreased the price with that stuff removed.

The FIRST kettle I sold didn't come with a false bottom or sparge arm, and so all it had was the Blichmann Brewmometer, an upgraded ball valve, a polysulfone quick disconnect, AND a very small dent in the bottom.

This one has it all - a SS false bottom, a copper sparge arm, a Blichmann Brewmometer, and an upgraded 1/2" full-port ball valve... oh yeah, and NO small dent in the bottom... ;)

This one was my Mash Tun, and so it has never had a flame under it.

I'll claim second in line.

Mobly99,

OK, I'm back from the NHC, sobered up, and somehow the mash tun is now all shined up (SWMBO is sure good at scrubbing!!), and the photos have just been uploaded. I did some research (Quicken is good at shining a bright light on how this hobby has become an OBSESSION) and figured that this mash tun cost me almost $500 to assemble. But I have to say, it works GREAT!!!

The pictures are now in my Gallery (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/photo/albums/polarware-kettle-for-sale-6825.html)

Let me know if you still want it!! :mug:

Michael

DSCN9500.jpg

Not sure if I'm up, but I think I'm going to go with a 20 gallon MLT. Good luck!

I'm interested in purchasing your brewpot for my husband for Christmas. Is it still available? How do I get ahold of you?

Back