AHS double chocolate stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kungfubrew

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to brew this recipe kit using the mini mash LME. Id like to give it a little extra kick of chocolate taste, so i was wondering what kind of chocolate i should use, how much, and when to add it. Cheers!

I made it and still have some of it left on tap. It's fantastic as-is. In fact, I plan on making it again for the winter and dry hopping with some mint leaves.

The recipe includes 1 oz of Belgian cocoa powder but instructs you to add it to the boil. AHS sells it in the ingredients section, too. There, they recommend dissolving it in hot water and adding it at bottling/kegging. So you could either add the included powder at bottling instead of the boil, get some extra to add to the boil, or add the included to the boil and some extra at bottling.

Could do some cocoa nibs in secondary. Just crack them and rack onto 'em. Then you'd have a triple chocolate stout. :mug:

I am also going to be making this during the fall. Sounds exactly like a Youngs Double Chocolate Stout which i love. I think i am going to try to rack it onto the nibs or maybe add another packet of chocolate at bottling to make sure it has enough taste. What would be the difference in taste between the two?

Latest posts

Back