resturant brewery not being used???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01steve

Reaction score
i've been really troubled by this lately-... in the town i grew up in there is what i could consider to be a "cursed resturant". it originally opened as a belgain resturant who dubbel'd as a brewery. unfortunatly i can't speak to the quality of their brews as i was too young to drink legally. the resturant is a huge place that has a ton of traffic driving past it.

the belgain resturant didn't survive and had closed their doors for a few years. it had re-opened as something else and quickly shut back down again. finally one day it re-opened and they started brewing again. many of their beers i were delicious! they also had a great line-up of great craft brews that are hard to come by in that town. but due to an elder crowd, food that was only fair, and bud light being the biggest seller. true to form it has now re-opend as yet another place.

i just went there for st. paddys day and saw all the brewing equipment collecting dust. i asked a few people wether they had plans to brew their own again-... i got 3 different answers
1.) no it will be removed and a sushi bar will go in it's place.
2.) yes but everything needs to get the once-over
3.) maybe but it's hard to pay a brewmaster who knows what they are doing and still make money.

it's upsetting to me that the equipment is just going to waste. i had asked one of the bartenders there if they would be open to allow some of the local homebrew clubs in the area use it-... the expression on his face told me that no one else has thought of that yet. i mentioned they could even seek out a brewmaster through some of the other local clubs or breweries. maybe even worst case scenario dismantle the berwery and sell it to someone who will use it.

i'm sure there are qualified brewers out there that would kill to brew professionally.what would you reccomend to keep this brewery up and running?

Get your homebrewing club to come in and get them started going. Keep the brewery alive.

Back