Stainless Brewing Hop Spider with nylon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduane

Reaction score
Anybody buy the version with the Nylon bag? What are your thoughts, does the bag stay on well (I see a lot of DIY designs use the insinkerator flange that has a lip that helps keep the bag from sliding off when using a clamp, same design here?)

Did you buy the hook design or the "straight legs". The straight legs say designed for keggles, but they have a picture with the hook design on a keggle as well and that looks like it'd be easier to work with to me.

http://stainlessbrewing.3dcartstores.com/Hop-Strainer-Kit_p_123.html

I just got done buying materials to build one at Lowes/Home Depot and my total came to almost $60 not including the drill bits. After buying the drill bits necessarily i was at about $75, so this seems like quite a deal for a welded/machined design.

I went ahead and ordered the one from Stainless Brewing with the "Straight Legs" and the Nylon Bag option, which i contacted them and it does include a stainless steel worm clamp. I'll post comments on the design once I get it!

How's this working for you?
I am thinking about it but am concerned the nylon sack might slide off since there doesn't appear to be a "lip" for it to hold on to.

Anyone else get one of these?
Thoughts? I might just build one from the Insinkerator. However at only $27, the stainless one is only going to be $5-10 more.
Thanks in advance.

I bought one, I think it will work great, I haven't used it yet as I am working on re-designing my stand for a brutus 20 setup. I wouldn't worry about it slipping off it stays on there pretty snug. I will post results when I do get around to using it.

-G

Latest posts

Back