tap-a-draft CO2 carts - where to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytsejam

Reaction score
Does anyone know of somewhere not online I can buy 8gr Co2 catridges for my tap-a-draft?

I've been searching online and all I can find are places to order from.
Even Target says "online only".

I don't need to order anything else right now and it makes no sense to pay nearly as much for shipping as for a box of cartridges.

And no, I don't have LHBS anywhere near here.

Anyone know if Brew & Grow in Rockford, IL sells them? I think I'm heading up that was Saturday.

If they carry the tap-a-draft itself, they likely carry the CO2. I find them locally at restaurant supply stores and places that have lots of kitchen gadgets. They're the same ones used in many seltzer carbonater/dispensers. I've even seen them in the wine/beer/mixer area at grocery stores.

I order them from williamsb. If you order 4 boxes or more they are $4.90 per box plus freight. That is about as cheap as I have found them anywhere.

I order them from williamsb. If you order 4 boxes or more they are $4.90 per box plus freight. That is about as cheap as I have found them anywhere.

You can do a lot better than that. I get mine from BestWhip. $8.95 for a 24 pack and they've always got a 10% off discount code around.

OP: if you REALLY need 8g ones RIGHT NOW, Wal-Mart has them in the plumbing section. They're rechargers for a pressurised sink plunger they sell. Obscenely expensive tho - like $7 for 3.

Brew and Grow in Milwaukee has them I know. Mine takes the larger ones
16g? I also found that wheel and sprocket (bike store) carries them for filling flat tires.

Looks like I can pick up a 4 pack at home depot. (the drain opener thing)
$6 is not a good deal by any means, but it will get me through last tap-a-draft bottle and I can just order more with my next ingredient order.
Thanks for the help.

Brew and Grow in Milwaukee has them I know. Mine takes the larger ones
16g? I also found that wheel and sprocket (bike store) carries them for filling flat tires.

Wait, you have a TaD that takes 16g cartridges or is this something else?

Dunno about tap a draft, but the portable CO2 charger I have will take 12g or 16g CO2 'bulbs'.

Ah, different kettle of fish entirely then. TaD takes 8g ones, tho I've toyed with the idea of fabbing a 12g holder for it.

Back