Barley Crusher Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smizak

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewmonkeys,

Just got the Barley Crusher from the man in brown..W00T!1!

Did any of you fellow owners leave the weird O-ring on the roller, or can you just ditch it. It doesn't seem to have a purpose.

Thanx in advance.

Hello fellow brewmonkeys,

Just got the Barley Crusher from the man in brown..W00T!1!

Did any of you fellow owners leave the weird O-ring on the roller, or can you just ditch it. It doesn't seem to have a purpose.

Thanx in advance.

ditch it...it's just to allow the passive roller to spin when there isn't any grain in the mill. All for show, no go.

What I thought.

I'm still amazed at over a year since joining how freaking fast new threads get replied to here. Outstanding.

Totally ditch it. I left it on and I believe it locked up my mill and ended up dumping a good 1/2lb or so of grains on the garage floor.

I've run around 200lbs of grains through mine with it still attached as I didn't see any reason to remove it. Like the others said, it ensures the passive roller will spin when the drive roller moves.

If it's not broken why fix it?

Rick

+1 remove it... mine fell off (ripped) and became part of my mash on the second batch.

Didn't cause a problem, obviously, but...

Back