Homebrew Club on Long Island and Queens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great_Neck_Brewer

Reaction score
I'd like to propose starting a homebrew club on Long Island and Queens,NY.
This would be a very informal that would more or less be an introduction for other brewers in the area. No dues, no elections at this point. We could meet at a bar in the begining and when the weather gets nicer, we could have them in my backyard along with some BBQ.

Just let me know if this sounds interesting and lets see what develops.

PS: You don't have to be from Long Island or Queens, everyone is welcome.

I do not know of a home brew club in Queens. Brooklyn has one that meets at Mugs Ale House on the second Wednesday of the month. Nassau has one that meets at Black Forest Brew Haus on the second Monday of the month. Suffolk has one that meets on the third Monday of the month alternating between Brickhouse Brewery and John Harvard's Brew House. You can check out their meetings then find a place close to you to hold your own meetings. Have fun!

The in one Brooklyn is a drinking club.They aren't too interested in brewing.
The one in Nassau county is no more and the one in suffolk is way too far out on the island. I know there are guys out there because I've seen their posts
Thanks anyway

The one in Nassau is definitely up and running. I am a member. The next meeting will be on March 14 at 7:30pm. I am also a member of the Suffolk club and the organizer of their home brew competition. There are a lot of great minds at these clubs.

I'm in eastern LI

Do you mean Western LI? I'm down to meeting some other brewers in the area!

I'm going to try to make it to Black Forest for their next meeting. Good folks
BrewSynectics? Are they looking for new members? Black Forest is a perfect choice as Farmingdale straddles Nassau and Suffolk.

The club always welcomes new members. The name of the club is LIFE and the president is Craig Belson. Just ask for either when you arrive.
Cheers to all.

The club always welcomes new members. The name of the club is LIFE and the president is Craig Belson. Just ask for either when you arrive.
Cheers to all.

Cool...thanks! I hope to make it. By the way...where is everyone on the Island getting their tanks filled? I get mine filled now but am looking to buy into a swap so I have an extra tank on hand.

There's one that meets at John Harvards (Lake Grove) and at Brickhouse (Patchogue) on alternating Thursdays or something like that. I'm sure if you called either they could give you better information, I know Harvard's has contact info for the group above the bar.

EDIT: BoxOfRain, I get mine swapped at Arbor Wine and Beer in Islip. I think I pay 30 per swap.

The club that meets alternately at John Havards and Brickhouse is BEER. They meet on the third Monday of the month. This month's meeting is at Harvards. The meeting is supposed to start at 7:30 but usually begins at around 8. Everyone meets at the bar before the meeting so if you would like meet some of the members before hand, come a little early. As I said before, I am the organizer of their home brew competition. If you have any home brews that you would like to enter into the competition, the entry deadline is May 7. Also, there is a beer appreciation club with many home brewers as members. That club is LIBME and their general meeting is the first Wednesday of the month.

BoxofRain, Yeah 5 lb. Knew I was forgetting something. It's been a while since I got one swapped so my price might be misremembered or out of date. They're at http://www.arborwine.com/main.html. I'm sure they'd tell you all you wanted to know and more if you call.

BrewSynectics, thanks for the info. All I could remember was that it was one of the nights my classes run late, which unfortunately doesn't narrow it down as much as I'd like.

BoxofRain, Yeah 5 lb. Knew I was forgetting something. It's been a while since I got one swapped so my price might be misremembered or out of date. They're at http://www.arborwine.com/main.html. I'm sure they'd tell you all you wanted to know and more if you call.

I'll give them a buzz although I hope your wrong on the price. $30 bucks...yikes.

Great Neck,

I am in to join the club. I live by Alley Pond so we are very close. I have 2 local friends who brew, one is in Malverne, the other is in Bayside. I am assuming I can get at least one of them if not two to join. I also have a friend in Brooklyn who is just getting started so he may be down to come. I have been looking for something like this for awhile, so I hope you can get it going. Send me a PM we should meet up and taste each others brews at least.

-Charlie

Met up with the LIFE crowd this evening at the Black Forest. Great time was had by all. I'm really glad I went. Thanks for the tip BrewSynectics.

Im part of a new homebrew club in Astoria (Brewstorians). We havent hashed out a regular meeting calandar, but there are a lot of bars/pubs that have welcomed us. Our last meeting was at MexiQ- the owner let us bring our homebrew and meet at the big communal table they have.
Most of us communicate through whyleaveastoria.com. just seach homebrew and you'll find us.

what's up guys, brewer from bayside here. any updates on meets in queens?

Nothing planned yet, but we are looking at something in a few weeks. We meet up in Astoria- last time we were at Broadway Station (broadway b/w 31st st and 30th st).

Shoot me a pm and i'll give you my email address.

I'd be interested in meeting up as well. I'm on the south shore in eastern Nassau. I'm a new brewer, so needless to say I have many questions!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone on Monday. What time does it start and who should I ask for. Does this group/club have a name or web site?

Is this open to everyone?

Yes...I just showed up to my first meeting and they welcomed me.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone on Monday. What time does it start and who should I ask for. Does this group/club have a name or web site?

Starts at 7. The meeting itself is in the small room just to the left as you walk in. Prior to the meeting the group will meet on the corner of the bar closest to the bathrooms. Look for a group not only diverse in age but in gender. The name of the group is LIFE, but most just call it the homebrew club.

I'm not going to be able to make it. Monday is my son's birthday. Please post up future meetings here in this thread. Thanks!

Work strikes again. Will not make this months meeting, of you could please post the date and time meeting for Feb. It would be greatly appreciated.

Back