beer storage and peak flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbeerbeer123

Reaction score
I have a belgian ale cold conditioning and will be bottled in about a month.I was shooting for a BGSA but under shot my OG so its probably going to be 6.9-7.5% ABV not exactly a BGSA ..anyway my question is, will this beer stay good until christmas if i take care not to oxidize during bottling and store @ 40-50*F? I heard beers under 8% tend to go bad after 6 months is this true?

The processes that condition beer move exponentially slower at lower temps, and the freezing point of a 5.0% alcohol solution is 28F.

Your 6.9-7.5% ABV beer would be just fine for somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-12 months at room temp.

Get it down to cellering temps in the mid 50s or even better down to fridge temps, and it'll be absolutely fine for more like 18-24 months.

The processes that condition beer move exponentially slower at lower temps, and the freezing point of a 5.0% alcohol solution is 28F.

Your 6.9-7.5% ABV beer would be just fine for somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-12 months at room temp.

Get it down to cellering temps in the mid 50s or even better down to fridge temps, and it'll be absolutely fine for more like 18-24 months.

Cool thanks alot

Back