Ston ers Unite!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jds

Reaction score
No, not that kind of stoner.

I mean kidney stoners. Anybody else a sufferer?

I've had my trips to the emergency room, ESWL therapy, closed surgery, and, last year, real surgery in order to fix a deformed kidney and the resulting stones.

I woke up a couple of mornings ago with back pain and bleeding from somewhere men do not like to bleed. So far, I've managed to golf and do the usual weekend chores on only Tylenol, but I'm starting to cast an eye toward my briefcase, where the vicodin lives.

I hope this passes soon. Hand me a PBR, willya?

Been there, done that. Had the electric shock wave therapy on both kidneys, and that did the trick. I had a stone that was stuck, so they put a stent up there and pushed it back into the kidney for a week before the shock wave therapy. I had to walk around for week with a string hanging out of my johnson. Not fun. Made it through the whole thing with only taking one Percoset the whole time, though.

Sorry, but I can say I have not had one yet.

Interesting thread though. Maybe I'll start one Members of The Big "V" Unite for all the guys who've gone under the knife for that procedure. :D

3 trips to the hospital in the last 8 years with stones. I find the worst part is when they are passing through the kidneys. Dropped me to my knees for a few hours last time. At least until they brought out the good drugs.

Good lord man!!!! That is NOT ok!

A few years ago, a co-worker had a stone problem and they fitted him with "the string." He wasn't happy about it, but was managing...until a few days later when the string vanished! Seems his johnson inhaled that string, snarfed it right up like a piece of spaghetti. And yeah, the doc had to go in after it. Not good. :(

While I've never had that particular procedure, I have experienced the joy of a catheter insertion, after my surgery for a ruptured appendix. That's not a part of my anatomy I want messed with in a less than loving manner.

A few years ago, a co-worker had a stone problem and they fitted him with "the string." He wasn't happy about it, but was managing...until a few days later when the string vanished! Seems his johnson inhaled that string, snarfed it right up like a piece of spaghetti. And yeah, the doc had to go in after it. Not good. :(

While I've never had that particular procedure, I have experienced the joy of a catheter insertion, after my surgery for a ruptured appendix. That's not a part of my anatomy I want messed with in a less than loving manner.

That entire post is awfull. The little weasel just curled up in the fetal position because of it.

Now I have to go to the Boneyard.

my senior yr of highschool i had a stone. Could barely talk my left side hurt so much. Get this...doctors thought it was my appendix and remove that, only to find me back there a week later. Then it was physically removed...worst ever IMO:eek:

That entire post is awfull. The little weasel just curled up in the fetal position because of it.

Now I have to go to the Boneyard.

I'll leave my stories out, then. We'll just say they involve emplacement of a stent from my kidney to my bladder through a hole in my back, and removal of said stent several months later -- but not through the hole in my back.

Think about it.

I had a small one a few months ago. It only lasted about 2 days. I remember laying int he fetal position trying not to cry. Godo thing it only came in waves.

A friend of mine has had them for years. He finally had one in there for so long they were going to do surgery. 2 days before the surgery, he passed it. (it was stuck in the main vein)... He recently had his kidneys blasted to clear them up.

I'm so glad I didn't get bloody urine with mine.

I passed one a few years ago... worst pain I was ever in. Doc says I still have 3 left in me.

Oh boy...Every 2 - 3 years I seem to have a battle with stones. And damn docs can't figure it out. First happened sophomore year in college. Then it was just a lythotripsy. No big deal. Passes my sand particles no problem. Then about 2002/2003 they were back. Had some crazy ass tests to see how I was passing "fluid". I had to pee in a jar as tehy were taking x-rays...

Anyway, I had several rounds of stents in, always inserted and removed via the "natural channel". Nice eh? They took it out during an office visit. That only lasted twice as I seem to pass out every time.

Back