So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attempting and I use that term loosely Stones 11th anniversary ale (Sublimely Self Righteous) tomorrow. First time I try a brew with an og of above 1.080 should be interesting

Not quite weekend yet, but I am doing an overnight brew right now. Mashing/sparging/pasteurizing (so that the wort doesn't go lactic) tonight, boil and chill tomorrow morning, pitch tomorrow night. It's an Oktoberfest - really looking forward to it, it's been like half a year since I brewed a lager.

I am shooting for 3 batches this weekend, a Honkers clone, a Scottish 70 for my Dad's retirement party, and my 2012 Christmas beer a Belgian Chocolate Stout. I figure its a 3 day weekend so I should be good time wise. I will also be serving a keg of my pumpkin ale at a party on Saturday.

Hopefully my ingredients for a Celebration Ale clone come in time for this weekend.

I want to brew this weekend but need a recipe that I can brew in my Mr. Beer. Would like to make a honey ale. Can anyone give me a recipe for a Mr beer sized brewing?

until b3 sends my goodies out, idle mash paddle.
Hmmm, i could get some starters and cultures going this weekend... does that count as brewing? :D

YES YES YES! Brewing up this weekend, tomorrow! Another IIPA since my test batch went so well. It's not even 2 weeks in the bottles and it's almost gone! lol

I am brewing up a 5 gallon.... I may do a 6 gallon batch?? But it will be the same extract, crystal as my first, but just rearranging some hops. Going to the lhbs right after work.

I wanna brew my PM cascade pale ale if someone local can tell me where to pick up a corona grain mill right quick? It'd still be in time for turkey day anyway.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be brewing a double batch of a Tank 7 clone, splitting it and using Wyeast 3724 on both halves, but hitting one half with Brett C once primary finishes.

Wonderman said:
I actually want to brew this weekend, but my girlfriend comes to my place on that day, she doesn’t allow me to take alcohol. So I will brew next weekend instead of that.

?

Now preheating strike water for a 10 gallon SMaSH beer. 20 pounds of Maris Otter, 8 ounces of Willamette.

Brewing Monday, I think (Happy Thanksgiving to me!)

Just drafted the recipe for an American Amber using only Calypso. The joy of having a decently stocked brewing pantry!

I'm brewing, just don't know what yet. My brother in law is coming in from Philly so I got a starter going about 3 hours ago. Hope the yeast are ready by tonight.

Brewing a Black IPA tomorrow. I made a promise in another thread that I'd develop a recipe for and brew a black IPA if the post count got to a certain point, even though I've never been a fan of IPA or hoppy beer in general. But since promising that, I've tried some really good IPAs and beer with more hop profile than what I usually drink from a couple breweries I visited while in Chicago and now have a new appreciation for them. So now I'm looking forward to this beer.

Yesterday I kegged my pumpkin ale and attempted a mirror pond pale ale clone, I call it attempt because I somehow ended up with 1/4 gallon more than called for and about 10 gravity points higher. Was supposed to be about 1.052 and mine ended up being 1.063, not sure how my efficiency jumped that much, and it wasn't volume related, cause I ended up with 6.25 gallons instead of 6

About to start the boil for 10 gallons of American Amber. I haven't brewed for 3 months because of the heat. It's finally going to be under 95 today.

Just started my 20 gallon pliny the elder clone...
Just getting my hops in order...

ForumRunner_20121006_091545.jpg

Mid boil on the big batch...going great. Stoked to see that our source water is 70*F today. Chillin will be cool. Literally, for a change.

Also first time with a hop spider. Sink drain ring, scrap stainless tubing, 5 gal paint strainer bag, clamp. Welding labor was $20, so the whole deal was about $40.

ForumRunner_20121006_122327.jpg

Teaching a 101 learn how to brew today. Brewing a Mocha Porter with Mt. Rainier hops.

Very bold maltiness with a prominent roast element. Big chocolate bread notes. Medium bitterness with very subtle spices, with hints of licorice. Quite sweet throughout, finishing quite sweet with some coffee and chocolate notes.

5 gal imperial porter
6 gal imperial IPA
Double brew day tomorrow, plus all hops used on both beers were grown in my garden.

Just finished up with my 2nd batch of Christmas Ale....only 2 more batches to go! Little lower eff. Than I anticipated but all is well, still should clock in at 8.5%

Back