What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just kegged my Abili Red Mild, put it on 40 psi. I'll move it to the conditioning cabinet tomorrow or Monday. Had a couple pints extra, so those went into a 2L with the Carbonator cap. I'll probably have one with dinner.

Just kegged my Abili Red Mild, put it on 40 psi. I'll move it to the conditioning cabinet tomorrow or Monday. Had a couple pints extra, so those went into a 2L with the Carbonator cap. I'll probably have one with dinner.

So you weren't having any beer while replying to this thread? AND you were kegging beer??? Should I be worried?

Troeg's Scratch #21 (aka Naked Elf).

Amazing how much flavor the yeast carries. Still tastes like an Elf even without the Cherries, Honey or Chocolate malt. Still fumes of high-octane although a bit lower in abv due to the reduction in sweets.

Overall, a very good brew and while not for everyday, a nice treat on this occasion.

ack from BJCP Study Class #2, sampled tonight were:

Black Sheep Best Bitter
Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale
Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale
Tröegs Hopback Amber
Brooklyn East India Pale Ale
Dogfish Head 60 minute
Victory Hop Wallop

And a badly oxidized Paulaner Pilsner for the mock judging...blegh.

taste testing night.

1. 2009 Holiday Stout ---- chocolate, vanilla, nutmeg and bourbon notes. After two months of secondary and tertiary conditioning, it is now ready to be bottled for the holidays.

2. Smoked Porter --- ready for keg and bottles! Smooth and Smokey.

3. 2008 Heroic Mead --- Sweet Mead ready for the bottle---will age another year or more.

4. 2008 Multi-Berry Mead -- Ready to bottle. But I might keg and carb this one. It is really smooth and drinkable now. Decisions, Decisions.

My English IPA. The hops have become quite subdued and the marris otter is prominent but tasty. Still could use some more fuggle, however. I'm gonna brew this again and up the hops.
:mug:

Dale's Pale Ale, the Rocky Mountain Pale Ale in a can! There must be a pound of Cascade hops in every one. And my own Green Chile Blonde.

DFH Olde school barleywine. 6 months has not tamed the syrupy tangy flavor of this beast. But at 15%, I guess its coming around. 2 more from the 4 pack, 12 more months to go.

First glass of my Ms. Pacman American Wheat. Simple w/ Willamette hops. Tastes pretty good but not ready yet! Come on beer, carb for me.

Moving on to a 22 of the amazing Green Flash Le Freak.

Delayed the Le Freak and shared a 750ml of Cascade Brewing "The Vine" Northwest Style Sour Ale w/ Grapes. 6 months of lactic fermentation in oak barrels.

The Lady and I are both loving it. Used to go to "Racoon Lodge" , Cascade's Brewing's restaurant, like 7 years ago and never got into their beers, but damn they are hitting their stride with all these amazing Sours. Art Larrance (sp?) the guy who runs it is the founder of the Oregon Brewer's Festival. This bottle is making me seriously want to go back there and try everything they have.

I'm currently working on a bomber of Avery/Russian River Collaboration Not Litigation Ale

I really enjoy this beer, although it finishes a tad sweet for my taste. I think it would be interesting if instead of blending a Strong Dark and a Dubbel, they blended a Strong Dark and a Tripel.

This was preceded by a Deschutes Inversion IPA. A pretty good IPA although when it comes down to it, I'd rather have a Stone IPA or a Ruination.

Another BJCP class, another list of beers sampled:

Späten Optimator
Köstritzer Schwarzbier
Hofbräuhaus Maibock
DAB Dortmunder Export
Anchor Steam
Warsteiner Dunkel
Duchesse de Bourgogne
Lindemans Cuvée René

Think I got them all. :D

Ommegang Rare Vos and Unibroue La Fin du Monde

Woot! It was 'keep the glass' night!

ae439d62.jpg

(I really liked Rare Vos and thought La Fin du Monde was okay, but too sweet.)

I just popped one of my IPAs (actually, my first IPA) to check the carbonation level after a week. It still needs a little more time to carb, but holy **** this is a tasty brew.

Erdinger Hefe.... I bought a sixxer of this once where you'd use the bottom of one bottle to open the next, what happened to that?

Latest posts

Back