Thinking about kegging.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaley

Reaction score
I just started looking into it and know nothing yet, what are some great experiences and bad experiences you've had of kegging? So far I know I need a keg, ( duh! ) a co2 canister to force carb it, lines, regulator, gauges ect. But what I don't know yet is if there are any hidden things I need. Or even how to keg.. Time to YouTube! I've seen 1 video that seemed pretty easy but I still have beginner questions I need to find answers for. :)

Kegging is easy. I've never had a bad experience with it. All you need to start off with is a keg, co2 bottle, regulator with gauges, gas line with proper connectors for the keg you choose, and a picnic tap. That will get you into kegging.

As for the process, rack your beer from the bucket or carboy into the clean and sanitized keg. Put the clean and sanitized lid on. Throw the keg into the fridge with it hooke up to the gas. Turn on the gas to 30. Burp the valve to displace any O2. Let the keg sit there for 36 hours at that pressure. After 36 hours, reduce the gas to 8-12psi and serve.

It took almost as long to type that as it really is to do it. Easy peasy.

willness33 said:
Kegging is easy. I've never had a bad experience with it. All you need to start off with is a keg, co2 bottle, regulator with gauges, gas line with proper connectors for the keg you choose, and a picnic tap. That will get you into kegging.

As for the process, rack your beer from the bucket or carboy into the clean and sanitized keg. Put the clean and sanitized lid on. Throw the keg into the fridge with it hooke up to the gas. Turn on the gas to 30. Burp the valve to displace any O2. Let the keg sit there for 36 hours at that pressure. After 36 hours, reduce the gas to 8-12psi and serve.

It took almost as long to type that as it really is to do it. Easy peasy.

Do i need another fridge or can I make due with something else? I knew something was to easy lol. Maybe ill keg when I get my own place. Wife and I live with her folks while we wait for my duty station for the army.

Back