First stout setup advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyb85

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just set up my stout with beergas & stout faucet setup. I feel like I'm getting too much head and not enough beer on the initial pour. I had it set at 30psi. My keezer is at 38 and I'm running 8ft of 3/16 line.

Should I turn down the regulator to 20 maybe? Guinness says the perfect pour is 119.5 seconds and this is taking a hell of a lot longer than 119.5 seconds

Kegerator setup has too many variables like vertical distance change, hosing resistance, etc. that people on a forum cannot help with.

Add 5-8# of pressure and see what happens. Remove 5-8# of pressure and see what happens. Keep doing fine adjustments until you get her dialed in. Then don't touch anything :)

And forget about the pour time. It doesn't matter is it takes 60s or 180s -- you just want a good pour.

Line length doesn't matter on stout taps because of the restricter plate. Did you carb before putting on beer gas? If so did you overcarb? I run mine 30-35 psi (depending on style) on a 25/75 gas mix pour time on my stout is 124.5 sec from pour to settle out never timed it before didn't think it was a big deal still don't. Unless it's taking 2-3 mins a pour who cares.

I might've overcarbed because it does take 3-4m. What's the best way to reduce the carbonation

Back