Low Pressure Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeqmaster

Reaction score
Hi All-

I am in the works of building a new brew system/stand. I am going the low pressure route with Honeywell VR8200's for BK, MT & HLT. I am planning on having a common low pressure header and then splitting off for the 3 burners w/ individual isolation valves, VR8200's, flex hose and orifice/control valve.

The drawing I attached is similar but slightly different than what I am thinking now:

To feed the header, I was thinking about using this:
http://www.brewershardware.com/LPG-regulator-for-11-WC-with-5-hose.html

Has anybody had experience with it? Will it supply enough gas for 2 burners at once? Anybody know the BTU rating on it?

Do you think this is a good route to go or should I use a standard high pressure regulator and feed that to a Marshall 299-00?

Opionions on the matter would be much appreciated.
THANKS!

Propane.jpg

Hi All-

I am in the works of building a new brew system/stand. I am going the low pressure route with Honeywell VR8200's for BK, MT & HLT. I am planning on having a common low pressure header and then splitting off for the 3 burners w/ individual isolation valves, VR8200's, flex hose and orifice/control valve.
I decided to feed my Honeywell valves with individual low pressure regulators,
no worries about any fluctuations and how many burners are on.

100_5059-1.jpg

To feed the header, I was thinking about using this:
http://www.brewershardware.com/LPG-regulator-for-11-WC-with-5-hose.html
Will it supply enough gas for 2 burners at once? Anybody know the BTU rating on it?
Contact the vendor and compare the BTU requirements for all your burners to the supplied data.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Thanks. I was looking at those GOSS single stage regulators... How are those working out for you?

Back