Anybody get their water tested here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my water analyzed by Ward Labs and was very satisfied - they turned the sample around really quick and billing was easy.

But for some reason that link looks like a ripoff! If you look here, they have those same analyses for $16.50 and $26.50. Not sure why they are charging higher prices on that page.

also, you don't need the "household complete" analysis. All they add are fluoride and iron, and we don't much care about those. Just go with the $16.50 analysis and I think you'll be very happy.

ResumeMan said:
I got my water analyzed by Ward Labs and was very satisfied - they turned the sample around really quick and billing was easy.

But for some reason that link looks like a ripoff! If you look here, they have those same analyses for $16.50 and $26.50. Not sure why they are charging higher prices on that page.

also, you don't need the "household complete" analysis. All they add are fluoride and iron, and we don't much care about those. Just go with the $16.50 analysis and I think you'll be very happy.

They do both lists ( small font on left) and big font on right for under $20? That's a bargain. Seriously

Ward is providing a complete door to door service with that higher fee. They are sending you a bottle, packaging, and return shipping. Its not that bad of a price and might be more convenient for some people. If you have your own container and packaging, you can save some money by just sending in a sample yourself.

As mentioned above, the W-6 test is sufficient for brewing use. The extra $6.50 they are charging doesn't seem unreasonable since it includes every other cost that you would have to supply on your own to get your sample to them.

Thanks, Ward Lab! That is value added.

Ward is providing a complete door to door service with that higher fee. They are sending you a bottle, packaging, and return shipping.

Oh, gotcha. That's good to know. I may do the same next time then. I think I'll get my water re-analyzed in October to see what changes after the long dry summer (we get snowmelt water from the Sierra Nevada).

Latest posts

Back