Racer 6, Stone or Laguntas IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelican521

Reaction score
Ok, so my LBS has clone kits for each of these beers. Ive tried Stone IPA and had several of Laguntas IPAs (just not their standard IPA). I haven't tried Racer 6 cause I don't think it's available in CT, but I heard its excellent.

I'm leaning towards Racer 6, what do u think?

I think it's hard to go wrong with any of them.

So much beer, so little time...

Oh, sorry I'm an idiot... I meant Racer 5. I just tried stone the other day and I wasn't too impressed.

Don't get me wrong it was pretty tasty but I think it was over hyped to me. Any other IPAs suggestions?

Stone holds a special place in my heart. It was really the first beer that had me like "wow I could get into this IPA thing..."

I'm drinking Racer 5 right now...seen the "racer 6" in the title and was wondering if I'm missing out out on something! :mad: :mug:

Might wanna give this one a try

image-1168507835.jpg

I feel the same way about Lagunitas that you feel about Stone, Eandersen. I've tried a handful of their IPAs but just not there regular IPA.

Sorry thaworm69, that would have been a cruel joke if I did it on purpose but sadly I'm just a dummy :)

I can tell this is going to be a tough choice...I haven't seen Drake's in my neck of the woods, I wonder if they have that one...

decisions decisions...

Racer 5 is a great beer. Love that stuff, wonderful aroma.

It's dryhopped with centennial Amarillo and Columbus. Mmmmmm...

Does the lag units clone use extract oils? That is expensive stuff but that is what lag units actually uses.

I'm a big racer 5 fan, great hop flavor, more on the dank side than citrus side if I remember correctly. But as everyone has said you can't go wrong with any of them

I'm a big racer 5 fan, great hop flavor, more on the dank side than citrus side if I remember correctly. But as everyone has said you can't go wrong with any of them

This stuff just showed up on the shelves here in WI so with some luck they are expanding? Maybe coming to a store near you in CT? Its good..I agree more dank and not much of a citrus/fruit offering. I just like the way it sticks to the tounge!

Latest posts

Back