Guild Wars 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewD

Reaction score
I couldn't find a stand alone thread for this game. I think there is a homebrewer on the development team. I have found at least 3 references to brewing. The last one was in some skritt caverns in a 50-60 area. I overheard one npc telling another npc that the cavern had been a brewery. He even used the term "mash tun". When I heard it, I went to the chat log just to make sure. It was even spelled correctly. The funny thing was that the voice actor sounded like he said "mash tub", and I can imagine that it would be easy for voice-actors/recording staff to think that it was a misspelling and correct it to "mash tub" in the studio.

I know a half dozen guys from ArenaNet that I play CoD with regularly...none of them are brewers but I can ask if they know who the secret brewer is.

I have seen multiple references to brewing in the game and I'm not even level 30 yet. Maybe there are homebrewers in the development team.

But it wouldn't take much work to read about brewing online and throw a few terms in the game either, though.

Still trying to decide if I like the game or not...

It's got some issues with combat that I'm not big on. But there are a lot of aspects that impress me. I like that for the most part they have removed some typical mmorpg elements that only make gameplay unfun. You can swim underwater as long as you want, you can store a humongous amount of crafting ingredients in your collection, you can access the bank from a few places that are not the bank. The overall appearance and world design is amazing.

Yeah, it's a beautiful game, don't get me wrong. Just haven't been able to immerse myself in it yet. I can play it only about an hour max then it gets to be too much.

I have been enjoying it since beta. I don't have much time to play anymore, but the few hours I get here and there are still fun. I hear from some guildies that the WvW has some exploits that some servers are massively taking advantage of. So I stay out of there to limit my frustration.

I have been enjoying it since beta. I don't have much time to play anymore, but the few hours I get here and there are still fun. I hear from some guildies that the WvW has some exploits that some servers are massively taking advantage of. So I stay out of there to limit my frustration.

From what I've seen of Arenanet so far, they will squash those exploits as soon they can.

I've never been much of a PvP or WvW kind of player. I'm close enough to lvl30 that I might get to run the first major instance this weekend. All of my friends have already run it, but a couple said they'd do it again with me. Then we can all run it again at the next stage. I like how they set up the instances to be different several times through.

Back