All day session beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbox12

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions. Looking for a recipe that doesn't need to age in the bottle for a long time. Something that you could sit down and drink all afternoon. I love this extract brewing but just can't let it age as long as it should. Have no patience.

Don't know your definition of "long time", and "something that you could sit down and drink all afternoon" doesn't rule out much, for me anyway :drunk:

But I'd go with an ordinary bitter. Plenty of recipes in the database that could be converted to extract pretty easily. Orfy's Boddington clone is really good...

Wheat styles, Blondes, Koelsch, Mild, Wit... Many different lighter, yet flavorful beers to choose from. Personally, I've made a Blue Balls (blue moon clone) and a Biermunchers Centennial Blonde and both were excellent IMO.

I second the Centennial Blonde. Kegged up a batch not even 4 weeks ago and it's already kicked. Very easy drinking beer, but lighter on the ABV to allow you to drink MULTIPLE pints if you please. Easy to make as well!

Is a saison the same as a farm house ale. Did a little reading on those, but don't know much about them.

Back