Show us your bar!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are making me jealous!! I'm only renting right now, but when we do buy a place ... I'll have lots of ideas to work off of. I can't wait to build the basement bar! Keep the posts coming!! Loving all the different set ups! =)

More progress. Door for hiding the kegerators plumbing. Cabinet under the right side and first coat of stain on the bottom half of the bar. Custom Formica counter tops.Whew!

rampage 2012 005.jpg

rampage 2012 009.jpg

rampage 2012 012.jpg

rampage 2012 014.jpg

rampage 2012 008.jpg

More progress. Door for hiding the kegerators plumbing. Cabinet under the right side and first coat of stain on the bottom half of the bar. Custom Formica counter tops.Whew!

lookin good! what kind of coating did you use on the bar top? it looks slick!

lookin good! what kind of coating did you use on the bar top? it looks slick!
I am using the stuff that Home Depot sells. i am not impressed actually. We have one more flood coat to try on it. I wish I would have tried a more commercial grade product. And it could be us and our lack of knowledge on this stuff. By the way I must give credit to my brother Denny. He is the carpenter/custom builder of the family! I just do the grunt work!:rockin:

redbill said:
This has been a lot of work, but it really came out like my vision. The rest of the basement has a pool table, 20 foot shuffleboard table, fireplace, poker room and TV area. No reason to spend any time upstairs.

That is beautiful! Great job! :)

Feurhund said:
I too was able to build my bar before the kids came. I am not a carpenter, but I am very patient and love to work with my hands.

This bar/room took me 9 months of evenings and weekends and I did it completely alone except for hanging the flat screen (the gold frame is a tv) and plumbing the bar sink, so i take a lot I pride in it.

The walls added a nice touch as they are mud plaster and give that German inn feel. Glad I got it done before the two kids came as I can barely squeeze out a brew day anymore let alone tackle this.

Looks great!!

3 Taps are near the center of the pic under the Sam Adams sign. 3 new taps are being added to the fridge that is just to the left of the brunette on the far right. The glass doors close in front of the fridge. We stained and sealed the concrete floor - it came out great. Almost everything came from Craigslist. Cheers!

St Patricks day 2012.jpg

Bar 2012.jpg

im digin that wine rack with the lighting over the top of it! and what king of flooring is that, it looks cool

im digin that wine rack with the lighting over the top of it! and what king of flooring is that, it looks cool

We stained and then sealed the floor with a Rustoleum concrete stain product from Lowes. The clear concrete sealer is from Lowes too. But it does scratch, so I might look for a better sealer.

3 Taps are near the center of the pic under the Sam Adams sign. 3 new taps are being added to the fridge that is just to the left of the brunette on the far right. The glass doors close in front of the fridge. We stained and sealed the concrete floor - it came out great. Almost everything came from Craigslist. Cheers!

What is the wine rack made out of, and could we get a close up? Been trying to figure out how to make something very similar.

GoodDogShelby said:
Here is my basement bar. I built it several years ago and last year I added the two through the wall taps in the second photo.

Love that sign! Where can I get one?

What is the wine rack made out of, and could we get a close up? Been trying to figure out how to make something very similar.

Here are some close up pics. They are made of metal, although I have seen some that are simlar and made of wood. Keep watching craiglist is my advice. Otherwise these things are too darn expensive.

Winerack up close.jpg

winerack tall.jpg

I love those two taps - on a chalkboard?

Actually the taps are on plywood that was sanded smooth and painted with chalkboard paint. The 'frame' is molding left over from the basement build. I just write what's on tap on the board and wipe it off when there's an empty.

Back