What's this bug? (pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_JP_

Reaction score
The moth looking thing is bigger than a silverfly (and I haven't seen any eggs anywhere), and neither it nor the grasshopper looking thing seem to be eating the leaves.

They're both on multiple plants, and I've seen the grasshopper thing for a few weeks now, every time I go out to check on the plants.

Use the baby cones in the picture for scale.

Good or bad bugs?

223a2171.jpg

b8ad1cd7.jpg

8ebee9ac.jpg

Pics kind of small...the moth looks like.....well, a moth. The greenish thing looks like some kind of predator...probably good for keeping down the aphid population.

Aww... my little grasshoppper (and his 2 friends!) is/are all grown up now that I fed him a steady diet of Cascade leaves over the past 2 months.

If you see these guys on YOUR hops, pull their legs off or something, unless you don't care about your plants.

I haven't got a single cone off this plant, yet my other ones have given me a bunch (for first year's at least). Luckily, on a few other plants I found a few praying mantises (manti?) and a couple geckos.

His last pose before he went to grasshopper heaven:

cafb4a02.jpg

some more devistation:

6de6dd54.jpg

Back