What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-2344727945.jpg

That looks great! What was your hop schedule?

90 min boil .5oz each simcoe and columbus fwh, .25oz each columbus and simcoe at 60min, .25oz each columbus and simcoe at 30min, .75oz each columbus and simcoe at 15min, 1oz cascade at 10min, and .5oz each columbus and simcoe at 1min. Then dry hop with an oz each columbus, simcoe, centennial, and cascade. It's like liquid hop juice!

Definatly has a bourbon barrel character if you like that. Almost tastes like there is a shot in there. Some sweet vannilla caramel-cereal/ mild busicuit with dry bourbon-little bit of heat too. Doesnt have good ratings-I kinda disagree myself, but I kinda like having this time to time. Kinda a uniuqe blue-mooner to have. That must be a keg pour here,because I didnt get a head like that from a bottle.

kentucky bourbon barrel.png

90 min boil .5oz each simcoe and columbus fwh, .25oz each columbus and simcoe at 60min, .25oz each columbus and simcoe at 30min, .75oz each columbus and simcoe at 15min, 1oz cascade at 10min, and .5oz each columbus and simcoe at 1min. Then dry hop with an oz each columbus, simcoe, centennial, and cascade. It's like liquid hop juice!

Havent brewed with these enough! But Im about to, doing a pliny and ranger clone next. Cant wait. Maybe throwing amarillo in there too. :mug: That sounds delicious.

Is that from the haul I sent you? Need more? :mug:

They have started selling some of those beers here...it apparently just took a while for them to start showing up. So, now I can buy draught cans of Belhaven, Wexford, and something else I cannot remember off the top of my head when I go to my local Craft Beer Emporium. Oh, yeah and I have started seeing Newcastle in cans, too.

This:

20130118_202032.jpg

I bought it for the bottle, which is really cool, and ceramic. The beer isn't half bad, either. After the head calmed down, I was able to drink it, and it is making "A World Without Heroes" much easier to stomach.

It may have been voted the best beer in the world, but is it anything to write home about? I'm not trying to be judgmental; I'm genuinely curious.

It's damned good. I don't think it's as good as their Hefe, but that's just me. Their Hefe is up there for me as far as the best beers in the world.

Meanwhile...

Fresh from the brewery, Port City Porter. And I love "Steal the Pint".

20130118_215359[1].jpg

Steelhead Porter from Mad River. Very good. Nice and sweet flavor (Special B maybe?) with a wonderful nose. Very drinkable. And at $4 a bottle at the bar? Can't beat it.

image-1287974409.jpg

NailGunGuy said:
No it's in the Quad Cities in Illinois. Great beer selection for here in Illinois.

Nice. Naja's has 77 taps and their staff say close to 800 bottles at any given time. Their slogan is I Fear No Beer. I've adopted it quite fondly.

Lienenkugels big eddy wee heavy scotch ale 2012. Was actually disappointed when I got home and realised it was lienenkugals, my previous experience with this brewery being summer wheat disaster. Beer store was closing and it was recommended. This is a tasty wee heavy

Knee Deep Hop Shortage, losing brilliance, such a shame, for how good it was. Now, I'm 2L deep in my 9%Elephant clone, after a Salvator.

Great Divide Orabelle. Just threw together a quick starter and pitched 3 dregs. I think the wheat I had planned may have just become a wit.

I don't know how (or even if it's possible) to do multiquote on my phone, but thanks for all the well wishes! They've actually got me working tonight of all nights, but I'm doing some studying here and there when I get a chance plus I'll have the ferry ride to Long Island to study. I'm a nervous wreck right now and probably will be until after the exam, but I will let everyone know how you it goes.

Good luck!

Tonight started with an Abita Turbodog that has a bottle I wanted for the wife's chocolate bock. She wanted a beer that tasted like something other than beer, I guess.
Now, it's a warm bottle of John's Stout Virgin, my first brew, in a frozen and frosty, heavy pint glass. That combination made the two month old stout an awesome drink tonight. When served cold, it is not as good.

nukebrewer said:
I don't know how (or even if it's possible) to do multiquote on my phone, but thanks for all the well wishes! They've actually got me working tonight of all nights, but I'm doing some studying here and there when I get a chance plus I'll have the ferry ride to Long Island to study. I'm a nervous wreck right now and probably will be until after the exam, but I will let everyone know how you it goes.
Hope it goes well! Are you on an iPhone?
odinsgift said:
Word

full sail IPA. $5.99/6 pack at the local grocer...cheaper than any big three six pack = win

Back