Newfoundland, St. Johns area beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon O

Knapsnatchio
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have some suggestions? I was in ontario and montreal earlier this week.
Probably make it to quebec too and possibly labrador.

I did not prefer the alexander keiths they seem to have every where

SWMBO was in St Johns a few weeks ago. She went to a pub on George Street downtown. I'll get you the name when she wakes up in the morning. She brought home a couple of growlers of their house brews (an amber and an Irish red). Pretty good beers. She said they had several others but since she doesn't drink beer, she just got the two closest taps when she ordered.

She really loved St John's for the couple of days she was there. Hope you have fun.

Terje

I wish I saw this earlier.

In Quebec, there is a Brewery called Unibroue that have a bunch of beer styles, they can be picked up at any Grocery or Corner store. They have a lot of fruit flavoured beers and a lot of strong beers, some of the beers are naturally carbonated with some yeast sediment in the bottom.

If you came or come to Labrador City, all we have is commercial Canadian beers. Well there are some Newfoundland specific beers like Dominion Ale, Black Horse, India Ale, Anything from Quidi Vidi Brewery and Blue Star, which you can pick up anywhere in Newfoundland.

In Goose Bay, Labrador you might be able to find some more European beers, but I am not sure since I haven't been there in forever.

St. John's has a great selection of beers on George Street, you can get in any cab and say George Street, they will get you there. There is a brewpub there called Yellow Belly (I think). I couldn't go in, since I was with my 7 year old daughter.

The Pumphouse beers from New Brunswick are pretty good, they have a Blueberry Wheat and a pretty dark red beer.

I am in Labrador City, if you ever plan on driving here, make sure you come prepared. It is a long drive with very little between Baie Comeau and Fermont, Quebec. Fermont is about 20km from here and it is where I go to get some decent beers on tap. Well they have Hoegaarden, which is my favorite commercial beer.

Later,
Jesterday aka Darren

Latest posts

Back