Bikes and beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade_The_Raw

Reaction score
What's your favorite beer and what kinda bike do you have? I'll start!

My favorite beer is Stone IPA.
And I got a Dawes single speed, Fuji Track Pro, specialized rock hopper!

Mad Tom IPA

Bikes:

2007 Foes "The Fly" downhill

2011 KHS "Alite800" cross country

2006 Sunday "First Wave" bmx for times when the skatepark itch needs scratching.

beer: troegs hopback
bike: cannondale flash 29er

I think at the moment I would have to go with Surly Abrasive.

I'm mostly riding my mid 90's Carbon Fiber Mongoose fixie.

477318_10150848775231945_147753681_o.jpg

I think my beer would be goose island Matilda

My bike is an access raptor mtb

Favorite micro rouges dead guy or mactarnahans blackwatch cream porter. Favorite home brew my vanila whiskey porter.

Bikes:
2011 specialized hard rock sport 29r

2007 novara divano road bike

Well,at the time,it was stuff like dead guy & my bike was a 1978 Huffy 10 speed I restored & painted like Eddy Van Halen's guitar. And painted "5150" on the fork tube. Found out that 5150 is a cop call code for an escaped mental patient. Never mind why...:drunk::D

Surly Furious

I been hankerin for a Salsa Mukluk, but to go with the Surly theme, maybe a Pugsley or a Moonlander?

I am too old and fat for a "bike." Sorry I have a different bike. I am always destined to be the outcast.

Tallgrass Oasis and Surly Furious are my fav's.

motorcycle.jpg

Hmmm, I think it's a four way tie as far as favorite beers of the moment:
Alesmith Anvil, Alesmith IPA, Blind Pig IPA, and Russian River IPA (Green Flash's West Coast IPA and Rayon Vert are fighting for a second-place spot though)

My bike is a Target-special "Schwinn" road bike (chinese crap-o bike) that I ride to work- no mods apart from a Fizik Alliante saddle.

I would probably say my current favorite is Greenflash Hophead Red or RR Concecration. My bike right now is a 2010 Rocky Mountain Altitude 50. I am looking to pick up a Bikesdirect roadbike soon.

Beer(s): RR Suplication, AVBC Hop Ottin, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Maui Brewing's Coconut Porter
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Kona Hoss

Beer right now is Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye (so good)

Bike is a 2012 giant revel 1. Good all around bike for trails and rides on the beach!

image-1493241682.jpg

Mine and my girls Giant Revels.

An older GT steel Karakoram ,and beers New Belgium Ranger's, Serra Nevada
Torpedo's , Lagunitas IPA or Maximus :mug:

Beer: my latest APA with citra hops

Bike: 30 year old Specialized Allez with the full Campy set-up. A total classic!

Beer:
Firestone Walker Wookey Jack
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Russian River Row 2, Hill 56

2_our_beers_wookey-jack.png

Bike:
2011 Novara Verita (classic style steel road bike -- it's a heavy mofo, but rides smooooooove like butter)
2006 Trek Pilot 2.1 (aluminum/carbon road bike -- crashed it in 2010 but just need a new fork and she'll be all rebuilt)

6a201104-f252-424f-8141-39f1c8316edd.jpg

On bike, I get about 85mpg (of Wookey Jack). :mug:

(the math)
240 calories per 12oz Wookey Jack =2560 calories in one gallon Wookey Jack
... divided by 30 calories burned per mile of biking

Beer: Hardywood well anything from them( not picky) at the moment.

Bikes: Fisher Wahoo with no mods. And a random Motiv steel mountain frame set up as a commuter bike. Probably have close to 10K miles on the Motiv frame since I have had it for 17 years.

Beer: stone 10 anv ruination.....

Bike: trek session 7, full downhill bike, cause why would you want to pedal uphill??

Igotsand

Favorite beer has to be a Marzen, preferably Paulaner. Just finished off a liter tonight!

Bike is a Roadstar 1600 - God created the combustion engine for us to use - no need to pedal :)

Favorite Beer: Goose Island Bourbon County Stout... served at cellar temperature in a latte mug. Seriously, it's the perfect serving vessel for a "winter warmer".

Bike: 1999 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird. It's not a little crotch rocket. It's a hyper-tourer. Over-sized and over-powered. 13 years old and she's still one of the 10 fastest bikes ever made. The side cases are custom Corbin bags and they will hold 2 growlers each, with some room to spare. She tops out at around 179mph... so I hear. ;)

IMG_3508.jpg

beer: yes

bike: fausto coppi, powder blue aluminum model from about 4 years ago w/ carbon forks and rear stays, campy everything incl wheelset, but my classic 80's battaglin is such a nice ride, heavy as an anchor but hey there's no hills here. all original, campy (veloce?) groupset, dorky 'gentleman' wheels. sort of pearl with chrome forks. fuji 80's track bike run over by a drunk driver, written off. daily commuter: very dutch gazelle, weighs a ton

batta.jpg

Beer: depends on the mood.

Bikes: Scott cx team
:panasonic steel single speed
:trek 1500
(and hopefully something new soon)

Beer: ranger ipa

Bikes: schwinn s-30 converted to single speed.
Japanese beach cruiser.

My favorite beer is Heady Topper, and my bike is a Cannondale M-500. It's about 20 years old, but for $75 on craigslist I'll take it! It's decent for singletrack, but I'd like to upgrade to a suspension fork at some point.

wctJy.jpg

Beer: Odell IPA, Sierra Nevada Torpedo Tallboys (better than the bottles)

Bikes: Ground Up custom steel road bike, Built by Eric Baar of Colorado Springs, Full Dura ace components. Its pretty
Ground Up custom steel Track Bike - for track racing. Also very pretty
Ground Up custom steel Track Bike - converted to a fixie for training a few years ago before fixies became a big trend. It has front and rear brakes so it looks like a road bike anyways.
My mountain bike done went kablooie a few years ago and I havent been able to afford to fix or replace it.

I recently got back to riding after a few years off. Really enjoying being back on the bike again. Might even race when the new track near Boulder opens!

Heres the Track bike. I had a deep dish front wheel that I had to sell a few years ago :(

IMG_0612.jpg

Beer: I love bourbon aged stouts.....but my favorites change

Bike #1: Trek 1.2 - commuting
Bike #2: Trek Custom TT for triathlon
Bike #3: Trek 800 Sport - for guests and winter

I think Trek should make a bourbon aged stout actually....

matilda.jpg

tt.jpg

Black Butte Porter or Ballast Point Calico Amber.

2011 Cannondale Trail. Switched to street tires and use it to commute daily. Also rigging a kid trailer to haul dive gear to some of the local dive spots.

IMG_2316.jpg

What ever beer I brewed that's ready to drink. And....

bike11.jpg

The photo of a bottle in the water bottle cage reminded me of the time a friend of mine road up to my house. He handed me his bottle and said, "Try this." I took a swig. It was seven and seven. I said not really being a whiskey fan, "Why not beer?" His reply was, "We tried beer but it kept foaming out of the bottle."

Beer: Dead Guy

Bikes:
Gary Fisher Rig
Bianchi MUSS
Bianchi DOSS
Bianchi Giro
Bianchi San Jose
'94 Trek Mountain Track
'55 Schwinn Hornet

Beer:

Stone's Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA or Mill Street Tankhouse

Bikes:
2002 Haro Escape 8.1 (retrofitted with full XTR group, Manitou Black 120mm fork, Avid Juicy Disc brakes etc) - That's my freeride/screwing around bike
2006 Falardeau scandium hardtail (with Sram X0 components, Avid bb5 disc brakes, Manitou r7mrd fork, XTR hollowtech cranks and carbon everything) my XC bike... weighs just under 20lb but is sadly in bits right now.

Back