Facial Hair.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a beard?

• Nah, I love the blade.

• Yep, I like to keep my chin warm.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't grow facial hair worth sh*t. It's the curse of my family; I have one uncle with a full beard, the rest of us can go weeks without shaving and just look like we need to wash our faces.

I do have hairy nipples, though. :D

I don't grow facial hair well either. The mustache is especially pathetic. The best I could ever do is one of those chin strap things - you know, the goatee without the mustache.

Sadly, my family can grow facial hair rather quickly. I normally always run with a goat but this winter i'm trying a full beard to see what its all about and i'm kinda liking it so far.

I don't like shaving. Always seem to be getting ingrown hairs. I shave every two weeks once it starts to get that itchy way. Wife suggested waxing. I suggested other things and suffice to say I can spend as much as I want on a razor!

the_bird said:
I could probably whip up a soul patch in a couple of months, but they're so passe.

Is that the stripe going vertical on the chin? Ya, can't do that either. The top part of the chin doesn't grow well either

Last time I went clean-shaven I looked fat, young, and stupid.
So I grew it back so I wouldn't look fat and young.

I've had a classic Pennsylvania Dutch beard for 35 years. That's just how it grows, from the jawline down. Oddly enough, my father's side goes back to the same region in Europe that the Plain Folks came from.

MriswitH said:
I normally always run with a goat but this winter i'm trying a full beard to see what its all about and i'm kinda liking it so far.

Same here actually. I do keep it trimmed pretty short, but so far I like it.

Went on a camping trip last fall, came back with the start of a beard, shaved it off, then decided I liked the way it looked so I grew it back.

Growing my hair on top out long too. Haven't had a hair cut in about 6 months. :rockin:

Wolf said:
Last time I went clean-shaven I looked fat, young, and stupid.
So I grew it back so I wouldn't look fat and young.

You don't look fat or stupid- but sorry, you do look young. I would definitely card you!

Orfy, you didn't give me a choice in the poll. But my aunt has a mustache.

I can't grow facial hair on account of my job, I have to wear a respirator.:(

I grew a beard out once, but SWMBO couldn't wait for it to be gone.

I always sport a nice beard for the cooler season! SWMBO doesn't care for it much, but she gets used to it. As soon as spring comes, it's gone! You would be surprised how warm it keeps your face!!!

The wife is the hairy one. I can't grow a mustache or a full beard but I have had the chin beard since I was 15. She wont let me shave it says I look too young. I also think I have no natural chin so the hair helps.

I'm full on facial hair from October 1 to May 1st every year. I used to put the razor down after my last mtn bike race of the year, and pick it up after my first race of the next year. problem is these days, I ain't racing mtn bikes anymore.

I hate having to bother to shave. Full beard here. Whole reason I grew it out years ago is that I only have to trim it when it gets ratty (every two weeks or so) as opposed to shaving every day to avoid the 5 o'clock shadow look.

Haven't been clean shaven since August 1, 1979. I reckon I've saved about 52,000 man hours in the mornings. I do have to trim a bit now and then, when it becomes a soup hazard.
Tony

I haven't been clean shaven since (catholic) high school. I've done everything except the solo mustache (just kind of shady including the Lemmy, the Chops, Solo Goatee, the Chinstrap, the Modified Football Helmet. the Pencil Beard, and even some seasonal beard specialties like the Christmas Smile, the Columbus Day Canoe, and the Summer Archipelago.

Its funny I read about a study that found Men who shave everyday have more sex than Men who don't.

That being said, I HATE shaving, but I also HATE facial hair so I shave about every 3 days.

I can't have a beard, but I can have a short moustache. I don't, though.

After I retire I might grow out a big ol' honkin' fu manchu, but it'll be either that or nothing.

Too lazy to shave,SWMBO prefers a beard on me,kids too,not to mention weak chin.Yippee,i get to wear a beard for a number of yrs now.
Cheers:mug:

Back