Magic Chef 7.2, Faucets without a collar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThanksJerkass

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying the Magic Chef 7.2 freezer to put a couple of cornies in. Has anybody drilled through the front of it to install a shank without hitting any cooling coils? I am trying to avoid building a collar for it because the extra height would get in the way of my TV projector. Just trying to get beer and TV to happily coexist. :) Hoping to drill for 4 faucets, if anybody has done it please post some pics and any measurements that would help.

I would try the baking soda and alcohol trick. Once that's done, cut through the plastic and carefully dig through the insulation to make sure you don't hit anything.

I would try the baking soda and alcohol trick. Once that's done, cut through the plastic and carefully dig through the insulation to make sure you don't hit anything.

cornstarch & alc.

O.P. Does the front of the freezer get warm? If so, the coils are in there.

Yeah i wouldn't drill through the front of the freezer, too much risk when you can spend 30 bucks and make a small collar...

Thanks for the info guys. I've decided to go head and build a collar and do some slight remodeling to keep it from blocking my TV projector. Just too nervous about punching holes in a brand new freezer.

Back