no carb in bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smerfs8485

Reaction score
So I know this is a newb question, but I thought thats what foums are for. Well here we go. Bottled a 5 gallon batch of bear. used 4 oz of corn sugar to bottle and then set bottles in garage to carb up. Well then we had a huge temp drop 4 days after I threw them in there. So now all 5 gallons in the garage are at 34 to 40 deg F. Opened one up and no carb. :( Now what I was wondering is if I can just bring the bottles indoors at 70 deg and will they start to carb up again or am I screwed. Maybe shacking them up or something. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Bring them inside and don't look at them again for 3 weeks. Make sure once you refrigerate them to give them at least 48 hours.

Thanks Im feeling better about the bottles now. Cant wait for the weeks to go by. Keeping them at 70 it is.

Good news opened one up just to check and drink it anyways. aaaannnnddd They are all carbed up. Very excited. jUst got to throw them back in the cold in one more week to chill.

I do not think they will ever carb up the correct amount because you only used 4 oz instead of the recommended 1oz per gallon, which would equal 5 ounces. I made the same mistake when I was a newb and the result was under carbbed beer.

Well They seem to look ok. I guess I should have said after trube and all it was about 4.5 gallons. I did under carb my first batch back last year in Feb. I did learn from that.

Back