Bud/Miller/Coors - Which one would you pick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tankard

Reaction score
If you were stuck with no homebrew, no microbrews, and you HAD to pick one of the "big 3" which would you pick and why?

I'll go first:

I dislike all of these beers, but I would actually go with Budweiser. Miller tastes too watered down and Coors is too average.

2 parts High Life
1 part Sparks
what do you get?
A Lowlife

Adjust Sparks for sweetness and enjoy

Dude, that's like asking if there were no other woman on earth would you sleep with Janet Reno, Janet Reno, or Janet Reno. I can't answer questions like that.

Being stuck on a desert island is a good time to kick back and enjoy the high life.

Plus, I'd start juicing some mangoes / coconuts / other island fruits, veggies and/or grains and start making some Islandflewein.

the_bird said:
Does Molson count as BMC? It's part of "C". I could drink Molson Canadian all day when I'm in Buffalo.

oooooooooo, I didn't think about that. Can I change mine to Molson XXX? :rockin:

I'd go Miller. For some reason Bud gives me a wicked headache every time I drink it. Coors would be my 2nd choice.

Anyone notice how the BMC threads seem to generate the most interest on homebrew forums? For as much as we say we dislike them, we do like discussing them. 'Course it could also have something to do with a collective experience/common point of reference.

Anyhow...all of the above 'cept regular Bud....it does bad things to my digestive system. :)

brewt00l said:
Anyone notice how the BMC threads seem to generate the most interest on homebrew forums? For as much as we say we dislike them, we do like discussing them. 'Course it could also have something to do with a collective experience/common point of reference.

Anyhow...all of the above 'cept regular Bud....it does bad things to my digestive system. :)

It's the fat chick of beers - not first on our list, but easily accessible and we've all spent our time with them. Now, we're not going to BRAG about them, but they do their job in a pinch and they're not very costly.

Cheesefood said:
It's the fat chick of beers - not first on our list, but easily accessible and we've all spent our time with them. Now, we're not going to BRAG about them, but they do their job in a pinch and they're not very costly.

In that case, we got a lot of chubby chasers 'round here :)

Fat chicks need love too.

Me, I'll go for a PBR or live the High Life ...

Since PBR is brewed on contract by Miller I guess i would be drinking Miller, after PBR I go High Life.

Cheers

Im a Miller Lite guy myself. I wont drink it out of the can or bottle though, I mean even I have my beer standards

rdwj said:
I'd go Miller. For some reason Bud gives me a wicked headache every time I drink it. Coors would be my 2nd choice.

Exactly same vote, here. +1

I used to drink a bunch of Miller High Life.... I guess my new hobby has ruined cheap beer forever

I was hauled into a local brew pub on my 21st B-day many years ago. I can't remember ever drinking a BMC since, other than a very few times I sort of had to be polite and drink them when they were given to me. They all taste like sweat to me, especially after warming up a bit. If my choice is BMC or sweat-free water, I'll take the water.

Your official beer snob,

Brew Brain

I can honestly say that if I couldn't have good quality craft/micro's or homebrew as an option I wouldn't drink beer at all. Before I started trying real beers, I'd buy BMC once in awhile, but a 6 pack would last me over a month. I didn't have the desire to open up a bottle of beer like I do now.

Since I've started brewing, which also brought about my interest in trying different styles, I drink 1-2 12oz'ers a day.

Back