2009 NHC entries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tlooks like the South Region sheets are hitting the mailboxes today. I got mine and I am quite happy. I received the best and most thorough feedback to date.

Woot! Looking forward...to being disappointed.:D
Man what an understatement! I sent a slightly infected bottle! Shortly after I shipped my one entry I opened a sister bottle of it and it was slightly sour. Then I opened another and it was fine. Every bottle from an earlier (first) bottling from the same keg was fine. But the sour beer was from the 'second' bottling and that's what I sent in. So I was just hoping they wouldn't get a sour one.

I only have 4 bottles left from that second bottling so I guess I'll be opening them soon and see if they're all sour or just some. Just last night I had the last bottle from the 'first' bottling of that keg and it was delicious with not a hint of sour (this Oatmeal Stout was on the sweet side). First bottling actually had better carb for style too. NHC fail. Score 25. Come again. Next please.

I think there are also some prizes being shipped for those who placed, but were not present at the award ceremony.

I got my score sheet for my blonde that made it to the 2nd round. Received a 37 overall (33/39/39). On the cover sheet it was nother that it was "pushed to mini bos", which is pretty exciting. Obviously it didn't medal but it did really well.

Pretty cool having a GrandMaster I judge give it a 39

Back